Wedding Suit

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by gibon, Oct 16, 2009.

1. gibon

gibon New Member

Hey,
    Pretty basic questions but I thought it'd be worth running these past everyone here.
    I have a wedding coming up and need a new suit for it. Should I go black or grey, bearing in mind that it's coming into summer in Australia.
    Also assuming the answer is grey what coloured shoes? black still or should I be adventurous and look to maybe a brown?

Thanks

2. bawlinmo

bawlinmo Neighborhood Graphic Designer

I went to a wedding last week (texas, still hot...) and wore a gray pinstripe suit, classic white button down, and a paisley silver and purple tie. Black belt, black shoes, socks to match the tie color... looked pretty clean IMO.

3. digital

digital original

Ask how formal you should dress. Typically darker suits are for more formal events. If you can get away with grey, get grey. You'll be able to wear it more. You can't really show up to an interview in a black suit.

You can go with black or brown shoes with grey. I think black shoes/belt is more common with grey suits, but brown looks dapper if you get some nice shoes. go with a white shirt, nice and simple tie and some pocket sqaure action....you should be set