SRS Wedding Ring Test

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RedDawg, May 23, 2006.

1. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

Has anyone tested the theory that women are more attracted to men wearing a wedding ring? I've been wanting to buy a cheap ring off ebay just to test this theory but haven't had a weekend available to hit any local bars for awhile.

2. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

I don't think it's an attraction so much as it's more of a threat disarmer.

I think a woman sees it as a symbol that a man is not a predator.

Ladies? Please comment.

3. RedDawg

hmm, never considered that angle of it before. Im hoping to attempt this when i get more free time, hopefully sometime next month.

4. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

Depending on the type of women you are looking for. Some women have a want what you cant have mentality. Other women will just steer clear becuase of a jealous wife within the vicinity. Are you looking for a girlfriend or a friend?

5. SpeedLaci

SpeedLaci New Member

Well, I suppose I can answer this one from experience. All of the above are so far correct...having a ring does take away the predator part of a guy i suppose, but I completely agree with Shortcake in that its wanting what you cant have. Some women like to be with married men in that the relationship never gets old.. its always exciting...its like playing a game. Honestly if you are trying to play that card i just suggest getting a ring tan on their more so then a ring. because a ring will indimidate most girls, but if she sees the tan (which she will look for ) she will know your married but apparently out to have a good time .it honestly depends on the girl...honestly if your looking for a great fuck, and a good night.. play the ring card, but you have to approach them....if your looking for someting a little more serious.. i would steer clear of it all together..you dont want to base a relationship on a lie, it will only end up in pain..

6. RedDawg

i'm not looking for a relationship. i'm just curious to see if the theory actually works and if i happen to get a one-night stand out of it then :cool:

7. SpeedLaci

SpeedLaci New Member

Oh well then proceed with caution.. but have fun i suppose.. cause it will definitly make things alot more heated...damn bad girls these days :)

8. teo

teo . => ? => !

If I were single I wouldn't look twice at a man wearing a wedding band. Just my $.02.

9. Quiero_Mas215

Quiero_Mas215 New Member

They want what they can't have.

10. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

Ditto.
    People who do things like that, in general, seem to have the mentality of dogs who only like things they can chase. (Cars, CATS, lol BALLS,etc.:mamoru: )
    Whatever, that's not really my cup of tea.

11. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

I personally stand clear of a man wearing a wedding ring--not just because I'm in a relationship--but the same would stand if I was single.. Wedding rings means TAKEN and untouchable to me.. I believe wedding ring symbolizes a lot and nothing should come in the way of a marriage..

12. RedDawg

i can get a titanium mens band on ebay for like $10-$15 shipped, gonna try it sometime soon. i'll keep OT updated on my findings.

13. teo

teo . => ? => !

I guess I should have clarified. I didn't make it clear that I don't look for other relationships/hookups when I'm in a relationship, period. I'm not single therefore I'm not looking, and so the thread point is moot (for me, anyway).

14. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

I think it's kind of a dumb thing to try.. But go ahead.

For me though, I would never even try to get with a man that I saw wearing a ring. Not even as a one night stand kinda thing because I'd feel guilty since he's married, and I don't want to play a part in any sort of cheating.

15. Ozi

Ozi Active Member

hell looks like im gettin divorced, ill just sport mine for awhhile

16. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

As a married woman it sickens me to think that to some women a wedding ring makes a man more desirable.
    I completely agree with the above.

17. Hootahz314

Hootahz314 I have daddy issues

Same here.. I guess it depends on the quality of life said woman wants for herself.

18. ebbnflo

Red, Aren't you like, engaged or something? Or am I thinking of someone else?

19. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

Agreed.

However, when I was engaged and had that ring on my finger, it never seemed to stop guys from trying to get in my pants. HELLO! Don't you disgusting pigs SEE this rock on my finger? It means TAKEN!

It goes both ways. I think a lot of guys saw the engagement ring on the woman's finger as an aphrodisiac as well.

The fuck.

20. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I have told many a married man trying to hit on me that they should ashamed of themselves and go home to their wives.

One guy was a partner in a top law firm and he got really defensive "Are you saying I don't love my wife" - stupid twit. Sorry but the whole "If I see it and I want it, I take it" line doesnt work with me so I doubt your wife would be okay with it.. stupid fuckwit.

ANNNYWAYS - married men, no fucking way. I have a man and I wouldn't like a woman stealing him so I wouldn't do it to someone else. Not to mention I have more self espect than that and it is just wrong. Morally and socially

21. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

A man wearing a wedding ring is a NO GO zone for me.

Women looking for a one night stand may see it as uncomplicated and go for it. Personally, I think they've got little respect for themselves let alone someone's wife and/or children.

I doubt those looking for committment would bother going there. How can he commit to them if he's already committed to someone else?

Don't do it!!

22. RedDawg

someone else

23. RedDawg

it seems like everyone believes this is a myth so i might put this theory on the back burner for awhile.

24. ebbnflo

D'oh, sorry.