GUN Websites with gun statistics/ccw statistics

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 90free400e, Mar 31, 2008.

1. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

I'm doing a persuasive speech for a class on how students with CCW's should be able to carry on campus. I need more sources as well as more statistics to cite in my speech. If anybody here has come across websites in the past that might have some good information could you please post it.

Also, after I sent my teacher my outline for my speech, she read over it and sent me a personal email. Apparently her daughter was in school about 10 years ago when a student opened fire in her school, killing a teacher. She said it was a man that kept a rifle in his car that deterred further shootings. I am going to speak with her today about it to get more details. Thought that was kind of cool.

Anyways, thanks in advance

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

3. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Oh man, talk about suicide! Good luck!

4. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

Gunfacts is THE resource for REAL facts about guns, not lies perpetuated by the Brady Bunch and gun-grabbing media.

Also, you should check out SCCC (Students for Concealed Carry on Campus). We are a grassroots organization trying to get legislation passed to do exactly what you are talking about in your speech. I am a representative for the organization, if you would like to do an interview over Skype or AIM or something, feel free to contact me.

5. Frazz

Frazz New Member

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

http://www.guncite.com/ is my favorite general compilation of information. Texas DPS has a list of conviction rates for permit holders for several years as well thats pretty handy. The FBI's UCR is fantastic as is the subreport, leoka.

7. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

thank you all for the sources. I just got done speaking with my professor, and she sent me another email with the story. Her daughter was working at this dance when it happened.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9804/25/school.shooting.pm/

Im very excited to give this speech I might post it here when I am finished. If anybody has any suggestions as to what I should put in it feel free to let me know

Gearhead, I might take you up on that unfortunately I am in the library at the moment. What is your aim if you dont mind posting it here I would enjoy speaking with you to learn a little bit more about the organization.

8. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

PM sent