WEB Website Build Cost

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by halflife78, Sep 20, 2007.

1. halflife78

halflife78 Active Member OT Supporter

Aug 11, 2004
    I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I am complete in the dark on building websites here. I am trying to build a simple website for my wife's art:

and I am trying to figure out how much it would cost to get one built. I found a template I actually like here: (direct link to template)

All I need is some changes made to the template. Can someone walk me through how to change the template or tell me how much it should or would cost to adjust the template or build a site like that.

I just need the following:
    Home page - News and updates on her art where I can go in and add news and updates myself. Ability to add a thumbnail in news so people can see new paintings on the front page possibly.
    Gallery - Page to add paintings to with a description below them or when you click on a thumbnail a description pops up.
    About the Artist - Page where she can give her art history and so forth
    Contact Us - A page to put contact info on buying art.

I don't want the site to function where people can buy directly from the site, if they are interested in a piece they can contact us through email or something.

Anyone have any pricing suggestions or adjustments I can make to the above template I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

Jan 12, 2005
    I'd say go with wordpress. I'm fairly certain the readme could get you going, given you have a domain and a host.