COMIC Webcomics That Don't Suck

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by P-Frank, Apr 13, 2006.

1. P-Frank

P-Frank New Member

Thought this would be a good place to start a thread where we can list and discuss our favourite webcomics. Sure they aren't comic books persay, but there is a growing list of comics that I feel reach print quality.

"Comic book style" Online Comics:

Platinum Grit - Pretty much a straight up comic book online. Art is excellent and it uses a flash interface (kindof like the old Marvel digital comics, but much easier to read).

Jonny Crossbones - The spiritual heir to Tintin. It's ridiculously fun, smart and beautifully drawn. Very, very reminiscent of Tintin in a good way and updated for a new generation.

Dr. McNinja - Updates a page at a time and already has a couple of full issues online. Consistently funny and also ridiculous. Made fun of Batman most recently and it was hilarious. The last storyline about Irish Ninjas fighting Pirates was amazing. It is currently about raptors.

High quality strips:

Achewood - Everyone knows it, but it is simultaneously one of the funniest and also best character-based comics around. Most recently it has been very steeped in storyline, but it has years of archives featuring one off gag strips. The blogs maintained for each character are consistently hilarious and really develops the characters.

I'd also like to throw out Overcompensating as one that everyone has read but is also really high quality. And what the hell, I'll plug my own comic:

Combustible Orange is drawn by my girlfriend Becky and written by me. We have a booth at San Diego Comic Con this year (I'm flying over from NZ for the con) so maybe some of you dudes should stop by.

Now you guys list the online comics you dig, what do you think of my choices?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  2. Trungtastic

Trungtastic OT Supporter

3. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter

4. P-Frank

P-Frank New Member

5. Jaeger

Jaeger Guest