webcam attachment for blog

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Euclid, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Euclid

Euclid New Member

crossposted to the xjournal lj community :hs:

So I have this new iMac with built-in iSight and I've been kicking around the idea of setting it up to attach a webcam picture with each livejournal entry. I realize this is pretty far-fetched as an xjournal feature request but I am interested in getting any feedback as to the best way to approach this? The main thing is making it as automatic as possible, otherwise I won't be motivated to do it regularly.

One of the ideas I was kicking around is to make an Automator workflow to take the picture, give it an appropriate filename (with YMD timestamp or something) and upload it to a web host. Then maybe copy the url to the clipboard for easy pasting into an LJ entry. Unfortunately there are no Automator Actions for Photo Booth. I have some free time and I was thinking about installing Xcode and maybe trying to write one, but that may be biting off a little more than I want to chew.

Anyone have suggestions?

2. Euclid

Euclid New Member

I resolved this using Automator, AppleScript, and EvoCam. Automator has a neat Action that runs an arbitrary script.

Now it would be nice if someone wrote an Automator action for Flickr...