web server time question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Stev, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Stev

Stev Active Member

i run my own website, hosted on my own servers.

at times my web-forum just isnt fast at all, i can confirm that my bandwidth pipe isnt being maxed, but yet my page generation times are pretty sad. I have a page generation stat mod installed that shows that my SQL query times are pretty low, like 0.02-0.009seconds but yet it can take up to a full second or longer to fully load the page, and the page is only say 29-38k on average.

My server is a P3 1.1ghz 512mb ram and ram is free and CPU Usage is almost always at 0%. My upload speed is 1.5mb and as i said isnt being maxed.

My question is, is the problem on my end with my IIS executing slow.. or is it something else.. id like to get my page generation times to speed up.

my website is http://forum.stevesplaypen.com/forum/index.php

2. Stev

Stev Active Member

lol, your a postwhore everywhere.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

The query time shows only the time it took to fetch the results of the query. It does not account for the time actually processing the data. phpBB is a good product -- I like it -- but I don't really rank it as being quick or efficient. And I know many tweaks exist for speeding it up.

What version of IIS are you running?

4. Stev

Stev Active Member

Im in the process of putting it on 6.0 to see if that will change some things up. Ive installed only like 2 mods for reducing code, but none for cacheing yet, ive heard not so good things about pages not refreshing correctly sometimes.