web development questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tailgate, Apr 11, 2003.

1. tailgate

tailgate Whats with today, today?

I want to build a site for a business of a friend of mine, They want a main page, and a seperate page for each customer thats exists for a period of say 6 months. I want each customer site to be protected(password or code ...) and want a forum on each customer site.

I was wondering if there were any packages that might make this easier for me to do.

I have looked at php-nuke and that might be a little too much forum oriented,

I could also use the standard .htaccess for protection, but need to figure out how to do the forums for each customer.

any other suggestions or comments

Thanks

Brian

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

I have a feeling you're going to have a chunk of custom coding to do to make this work. The solution you are looking for is rather specific.

PHPNuke / PostNuke might not be bad platforms to build off of. There may be other CMS systems that might fit your needs...

It also depends on where you want to spend all your time and where your skills are at:

1. Custom develop a solution which will definitely take some quality time up front.
    2. You spend more time setting up each individual. Very little setup time required for the sysem itself, but it probably would mean you have to spend more time and effort getting each individual setup.

3. CruD

CruD Bah, I'll just hack it

I've already got this pretty much built for some project management software I wrote. The software goes for $100 - I'll add the forum part to it for some $$$ ;-)