WEB web developing companies?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by alby988, Jul 13, 2008.

1. alby988

alby988 New Member

are there companies that do the web developing for you?
    if they do exist, anyone know any reputable ones in the nj/nyc area?

thanks!

2. themolsen

themolsen New Member

there are TONS

3. alby988

alby988 New Member

i searched on google and a lot came up. but some looked shady and others looked like they had 1 client total.

so i was wondering if anyone could give me personal feedback on a reputable company in nj/ny they know of.

4. exify

exify Active Member

if you would be interested in a person rather than a company, i know some people

5. alby988

alby988 New Member

thanks i might take you up on that offer.

but i have this fear of my site's idea being stolen. i mean with a big company i shouldnt have to worry unlike with just a person, the only thing protecting me is a piece of paper with a signature. haha but i'll let you know! thanks!

6. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

If you are worried about a piece of paper being all you have to protect your idea, it sounds like it is time to get a lawyer involved if you haven't already. They will make sure that piece of paper gives you all the protection you can get, which would include going after the company if they launch your idea on their own.

Although, if the idea isn't complicated or involved (no offense), it might just be a matter of time before someone else figures it out or reverse engineers it.

Disclaimer: I happen to own a web development company. As an owner, I hear a good amount of ideas and asked if we can build them. We can build them, but maintaining them and the business that goes along with it is not what we do so it is not in our interest to steal ideas.

7. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

What's to stop someone from copying it the day it launches. I'm a freelance developer and used to get site clone requests all the time. Once I was asked to develop a site for this guy that would basically be eBay, but better, :hsugh:. He insisted that I give him a quote even after I told him politely multiple times that it would be over his budget and I wasn't interested. So I took ebay's market cap (price X # of shares), and added 20% (bc this was going to be better than eBay) for a total of something like $40 Billion, not including hosting :mamoru:. And just for good measure, I threw in one more line item of a free domain, and unlimited email addresses included. Printed that one out and it sat on my desk for a year or two, no one ever believed me it was a real quote on a project.

I focus more on e-commerce supply chain apps and Windows/IIS server management now and only work with 3-4 clients.

If you seriously want to find a good developer, ask for some of the biggest sites he's worked on and give the companies a quick call for a reference. There are TONS of guys out there that call themselves developers after reading a tutorial or two :o

8. alby988

alby988 New Member

thanks for your input 95vr4

thats why i'm looking to go to a well known web developing company even though it may cost more as i want someone to do it right the first time.
    any suggestions on what i should watch out for when i go to these companies?

thanks again from a fellow mitsubishi owner :bigthumb:

9. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

anything for a fellow Mitsu owner :bigthumb:. If you still need it, PM me and I may be able to refer you to someone or possibly quote the project myself.

What kind of Mitsu do you have? Have you heard of 3SX (biggest 3000GT shop in the world)? Their site was actually where I got started with E-Commerce development. This is my 4th 3000, a 96 VR-4 :).

[​IMG]

http:[email protected]/2151898784/
    http:[email protected]/2151108363/

Good luck with the project