Web Design Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Philosophy_Junkie, Feb 21, 2004.

1. I've looked around for a week or so, and I havent found anything thus far. I've been wondering how I can put an AVI into a table background and have a module over it (using opacity). Ive considered just converted the avi into a gif, but i dont have 400 bucks to spend on a convertion prog, and since the file is 9mb im not gonna be able to use some "free trial" shareware crap. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Maybe you can create two divs, one with the AVI embedded in it and the other with the table. Then put them one on top of the other.

3. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

You can download a free 30 day trial of Adobe Premiere and do it with that. If for some reason the trial doesnt do .gif exporting, PM me and i can do it for you

4. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

If I'm not mistaken, an animated GIF will be a huge file compared to an AVI movie, and its quality will be much worse.

5. Up All Night

Depending on frame rate, color depth, etc. the quality can be decent compared to the avi. The file will be large, and could be larger than the avi depending on the compression of the avi

6. Alright, im not giving up yet, the table thing didnt work, it just treated it as an object and moved the other table down. i used the basic <scr embed> tag. I can export the avi into single frames, so maybe i can put those into a gif, but i dont have a prog for that, and i havent found a way in irfanview yet or i was thinking maybe i could turn it into a java applet and use it for the background., but ive never heard of that being done, and im sure the same object problem thing would come up again. The avi is 9.50 MB so thats why im hesitant toward turning it into a gif but i'll do it if all my other options are exhausted. Are theyre any free gif progs out there that would work for stitching all the frames together, or i there another option i havent thought of yet that you guys have?
    <---and btw the premere thing didnt want to install. It didnt like my OS. I have ME so I dont know whats up with that.

7. ok, so im trying different things and i open the avi in WMP. I'm like, sure, What the hell and i do a save as. I put it as a gif. Bam its a gif, within seconds. I'm uploading it to my site right now lol, that was a little too easy so im pretty sure it wont work. We'll see tho..

8. Up All Night

Try this http://www.snapfiles.com/get/unfreez.html
    Its freeware

Premiere Pro apparently only works w/ XP

9. nope, lol.
    DL'ing the prog now

10. yay it worked, thanks everyone