Web Design Krew

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sparq, Sep 25, 2006.

1. sparq

sparq New Member

Anyone wanna help me "snazzy up" some text?

Its all a single color, client is looking for it to stand out some more; throw in some bold shit, italic, some color... needs to look good; prefer if it was done in CSS so I can just copy/paste and be done with it...

Ive got $4.12 in my Paypal account... yeah I know, big ballin; but honestly shouldn't take someone more then 10 minutes to do. I just feel like procrastinating, someone hook me up? :wavey:

Code:
    <h1>Company Name - <span>Home</span></h1>
    <p>Our murals are handpainted and customized to suit your rooms size and layout. (Company Name) gently glow all night long and last for at least 10 years. </p>
    <p>Your bedroom ceiling will be transformed into a beautiful scene at night, drift away beneath the twinkling stars and constellations of the night time sky without ever leaving your room. </p>
    <p>Your customized, hand-painted mural will charge during the day with the natural light that filters into the room. At night when you turn off the lights, you will see the stars begin to gently glow and glimmer. </p>
    <p>Drift away beneath your celestial cathedral. You will see properly placed constellations, galaxies, shooting stars, and even the Milky Way. Murals can be painted on the ceiling, and even on the walls to give a deep space effect to your room. </p>
    <p>Specially mixed materials will give your mural color and a 3-D illusion of depth. You will feel like you are literally floating in outerspace. </p>
    <p>There is no need to re-paint, your mural can be applied on top of almost any light colored surface. </p>

Heres some colors...
    Main text is: #336699
    Other colors used: #9999cc, #843140, #c2cccb

Background the text is over is black, so try and stay with these colors. Mucho Gracias!

2. Dnepr

Dnepr Guest

First of all do this:
    remove all the stupid <p> 's You only need 1 <p> and 1 </p>...

Im not sure what you want? You want some CSS code which colors the above text with your colors? Be more specific :o

3. sparq

sparq New Member

No, actually they need to be seperate -- I removed other parts of the code; they are in different areas.

I just want the text "fancied" up... bold, italic, colored... to make it stand out.

4. tyrionlannister

tyrionlannister New Member

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    h1 {
      font-family:Verdana, Geneva, Arial;
      font-size:18pt;
      color:#900;
      text-align:center; 

}
    p {
      font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial;
      font-size:12pt;
      line-height:18pt;
      color:#595959; 
      margin-left:160px;
      margin-right:160px;
      text-indent:20px;

}

p:hover {
      color:#292929;
    }

a {
        color: #2C4156;
        font-style: normal;
        font-size:11pt;
        text-decoration: none;
        font-weight: bold;
        border-bottom-style: dotted;
        border-top-style: none;
        border-right-style: none;
        border-left-style: none;
        border-bottom-width: 1px;
        border-bottom-color: #900;
    }

a:hover {
        color: #1A2531;
        font-style: normal;
        text-decoration: none;
        font-weight: bold;
        border-bottom-style: dotted;
        border-top-style: dotted;
        border-right-style: dotted;
        border-left-style: dotted;
        border-width: 1px;
        background-color:#EEEEEE;
        border-color: #900;
    }

-->
    </style>
    http://www.tsnhost.com/text.html

I changed your code to add a link, and styled that too. This should give you enough to make a variation that fits your page.

Perhaps the most important part of styling is how you deal with whitespace, and that depends on your layout. I didn't have that, but this is a decent basic design. Change the colors and margins to suit.

The P tags are appropriate, they denote separate paragraphs.

5. sparq

sparq New Member

Im really not seeing much here thats different then what I already have...

What im looking for is stuff thrown into the text to make stuff stand out, bolded, highlighted, underlined, italic, larger font, different color... etc. without making it look extremely tacky.

exact client words...

:dunno:

6. tyrionlannister

tyrionlannister New Member

The difference is that yours had no formatting instructions at all, and relied on the browser defaults to format it.

I'm not sure that's possible. You could do all that and make it look tacky, though.

Just change the color to whatever you want by altering the "color:#595959; " in the "P {}" area to whatever your client wants. Be sure to change the "P:hover {}" tag as well for firefox users. I recommend something very slightly darker than what you have in the "P {}" for a subtle effect. Too much of a difference will hinder usability.

7. YoungMontana

YoungMontana New Member

how much do you guys charge for sites...my guy just flaked on me and is taking wayy to long-

the site is nothing crazy/hard...should be quick for someone who knows what they are doing...i will do all the updating so its just one and done! PM for more details