WEB Web Design Crew: PSD layout

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by airbball23, Sep 16, 2007.

1. airbball23

airbball23 Rent this Space only $5/mnth

does anyone know where i can get some psd layouts? i'm not really into using a premade one, i'm just curious to see how it looks and how i can design a site using the psd, but making my own design out of it.

2. c.a

c.a New Member

3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

A "PSD" is a file that was built by Adobe Photoshop. Most designers use Adobe Photoshop to design websites. PSD's, design wise, don't look any different than what a design of a website would look like.

4. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

Well every PSD file is going to look different. For example, I have a website www.jrclarity.com and the PSD file is actually quite simple. You may download it and check it out if you want:
    http://www.jrclarity.com/images/layout.psd

It is simply a background image, with a box drawn on it and a few slices. The real work is done with CSS and HTML. On my website, slice 3 is a background image that expands down. Then there are much more complex examples (none which I have available) with tons of slices and a lot more coding.

Not sure if this is helpful to you or not, thought I'd offer though.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  5. airbball23

airbball23 Rent this Space only $5/mnth

thanks a lot man. See i'm good at designing or thinking of a way a site looks but i dont want to just splice up everything and make it look like one big picture. After you have this layout, do you import it into dreamweaver and add textboxs and such on top of it?

6. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

I code everything by hand, but yes, you get the idea. The bulk of that is just a background image with a text container on top of it.