Web Cams

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by uniballer, Aug 20, 2003.

1. uniballer

uniballer Guest

If you have one, what is it? Do you like it? is it good? what doyou recommend? and can i c iT? :big grin:D

2. barnold999

barnold999 New Member

I hav the intel cs430... it is the intel pro pc cam or something like that... dont remember... it is better than my friend's cams... it theoretticaly has a res of up to 640x480 but it is really 320x240... just englarged, I think.... Anyways, it works well in darker light conditions, I can use it when I just have my monitor on... actualyl a cool look cause I am lit up but nothing else is... a lot of my friends have used logitech cams and their quality looks crappy too me... but it is usualyl crappy in bad light.. I just think mine reacts well to all light... Though, for some reason I dont have it connected to my computer and it is sitting in a drawer, lol... it was a novelty but I got tired of it.

3. uniballer

uniballer Guest

so that's about hardware.. what about software?

are there any good software that u kno thats free to download and isnt trial?

4. cali2houston

cali2houston New Member

I have logitech...forgot the model, butit's got great resolution, betterthan intel one I had. Logitech one has a pix button on top and a mic built in too.
    Ain't that kewl ?

5. jeck

jeck New Member

i got an intel cam. i dont think intel makes cams anymore. but it runs off the usb and takes 640*480 shots. its not that bad. the wait time for a shot is pretty quick and it rests on any flat surface. its about the size of a small lime and it can take video as well. it comes with software and the drivers and yea. thats pretty much it. it can take SOME lowlight shots and it does its job right. if you cant find any intel cams.. go with a logitech one. theyre just as good. dont go with veo or whatever. theyll break and youll just get mad.

6. 1997 CL 3.0

1997 CL 3.0 OG since 00

I'm currently borrowoing a Logitech Messanger Pro the resolution is 640x480 and it can take 1.3 megapixel still photos, there isn't much in the way of noticible lag when I use it online and the video quality is topnotch.

7. BlaXicaN

BlaXicaN OT Supporter

i just bought my gf that logitech messenger pro 4000 cam :hs: maybe i can post some pics as an example of the quality :hs:

i have an older intel cam, and yeah i dont think intel makes cams anymore. i never see them on the shelves now

8. jeck

jeck New Member

are you using dsl? or cable? it should make a big difference when it comes to 56k

9. Darkwind

Darkwind Guest

i use my digi cam as my web cam so i dont care it all good(and no i didnt read a single word, *i did*)