Web Based IDE - Thoughts? BeSpin

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Peyomp, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

https://bespin.mozilla.com/

Would you guys do me a favor and do the one-step registration for BeSpin and tell me what you think? If there were a great IDE for a new language, and it was based on BeSpin, would you consider using it?

What do you think of BeSpin? Nice? Performance is ok? Usable? Shite?

Note: IE does not support Canvas, but the link will work in all other modern browsers.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Come on guys. I need your feedback.

3. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

Just registered, and so far it looks decent, although a bit difficult to navigate. I can't find anything to create a new page. Also, I can't see if they have syntax colors for different languages. It's a nice idea, but I think it still needs some work.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Yeah, definitely. But you think - carried to its conclusion - you might use it?

5. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Damn. I like it, it's pretty sick. I'd use it. Although, I don't see much flexibility in regards to mass uploading files. Maybe if there was an FTP command in console to transfer over a framework or something.

It would take a bit of a challenge getting myself to use it and switch my current methods of development, but given the right tools, I think it could be pleasant to use.

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Yeah... integration seems an issue. The fact that most of your tools are not on the web would be a big reason not to switch.

But good. It does seem a viable platform to two of you, potentially.

Anyone else?

7. Fase

Fase Your Face, In A Pickle Jar.

You developing this or something?

It's nice, but personally I wouldn't use it because I prefer my offline IDEs and am already familiar with them and can use them faster. Also I use a lot of ASP.Net in my pages and so I use VisualStudio for that.

Basically it just boils down to there's no reason to switch and learn something new. (Unless I'm unaware of some features)

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Thanks.

I'm evaluating it as the base for a tool. There is no current rich-client equivalent, and it will take longer to make one as a rich client. So I want to know the viability of this platform.