GUN Weapons Cache seized

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Mar 2, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mar 2, 2007 5:48 am US/Pacific

Fire Leads Authorties To Massive Weapons Cache
    (CBS) NORCO, Calif. An attic fire in a Norco home led to the discovery of a large weapons cache, including about 100 guns, at least one million rounds of ammunition and an underground tunnel, authorities said.

The man who resided in the house in the 1800 block of Pali Drive struggled with authorities about 3:30 p.m. Thursday and was taken into custody and placed on a 72-hour psychiatric hold, according to Riverside County Sheriff's Investigator Jerry Franchville.

The resident, who lived alone, was reluctant to leave the burning home and fought with sheriff's deputies when they arrived, Franchville said.

"He was physically detained," he said.

Once the fire was extinguished, authorities noticed the weapons and ammo, stored mostly in the garage, Franchville said. Firefighters also found a tunnel leading under the house, Norco Fire Department Battalion Chief Ron Knueven said.

"We haven't gone down into it," he said. "What we've been told so far is that it goes under the house. According to a family member, it goes under the garage, then makes a 90-degree turn to the right and goes under the rest of the house."

The suspect's name was being withheld, Franchville said, because of limitations placed on the release of information about people under medical care in 2003 by the national Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

The cache of ammo was believed to be largest ever seized in the county, he said. It was unclear if any of the weapons were illegal to own, Franchville said.

Several other homes in the area were evacuated "to make sure that we don't have anything that could be ... a dangerous airborne or maybe explosive," he said.

The cause of the fire was not immediately known.

a million rounds of ammo? :bowdown: :bowdown:
    Fuck california

2. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

oh noes i might have a million .22lr rounds imma start a warz.....

fuckin retarded how they're probably going to deem him mentally incompetent and he won't be able to own any more guns. I just hope they're all legally owned.

I also thought that there was a provision in most laws that if a LEO or some other law enforcement comes upon something illegal in your home and doesn't have a search warrant, they can't charge you... Is this true?

3. t1h

t1h Guest

if they have probable cause then its legal

4. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I hate california.

If they started siezing my weapons, they'd have to "physically detain" me too. He'll probably never see them again, no matter what.

5. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Im sure they only sent him off to the mental hospital AFTER they found the arms. Then they figure they can confiscate them and theres one less 2nd amendment supporting american they have to worry about

Im sure he didnt want to the leave the house because he wanted to get some shit out of it before it burned down

6. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

I know some good lawyers and you better believe that the state would have one hell of a court case on their hands

7. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

It's called exigent circumstances. Since the house is on fire the cops don't need a warrant to go ahead and enter the house. However, once the guy is out of the house they can't re-enter to collect evidence. They can grab some stuff on the way out and it'll most likely be admissable. After that they can just get a warrant for when the fire goes out.

8. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

that sucks :(

9. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

I want to know his name.

10. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

since when was it a crime to own ammo? Is there some magic number, where if you possess a certain number of rounds or more then there is something wrong with you?

11. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Guy in CA = 1,000,000 rounds

National Guard on Border = 0 rounds

god I love america

12. Crossett

Crossett New Member

789,475 everyone knows that :mamoru:

13. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17422580/
    Dozens of metal and cardboard boxes filled with ammunition for shotguns, small handguns and assault rifles recovered from the home sat in a driveway. Two of the assault rifles were illegal and the man had no permit for 75 pounds of black gunpowder that was found, said Riverside County sheriff's Deputy Juan Zamora.

Authorities also discovered a machine in the garage that was used to load the gunpowder into empty casings. The practice known as "reloading" is common and not illegal because ammunition is often expensive, ATF spokeswoman Susan Raichel said.

:california:

14. Gimik

Gimik New Member

oh noes he was reloading! :run:

15. AlcoLOLic

AlcoLOLic New Member

Good lord...they painted reloading as something weird...

16. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Bullshit this guy was making bombs and everyone knows it. I mean what else would you have a need to load gunpowder into a metallic cylinder, and with 75lbs of blackpowder i bet he was gonna bomb the capital...

:hsugh:

17. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

fire + 75lbs of black powder = :eek4:

18. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

:werd: My dad used to keep a 5 lb can of powder on hand when he reloaded, and it was pretty damn big. I'd hate to have 15 cans of that shit in my house when it caught on fire :run:

19. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Probably what he was running for. :mamoru:

20. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

21. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

I'm all for people keeping ammo on hand, but 2 million rounds? That's just :hsugh:

The ATF will probably hit him up with some bullshit about manufacturing ammo without a license.

22. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

he wasnt selling it, but i mean fuck... with 2 million rounds, if thats not considered "intent" by the atf i dont know what is.

23. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If a man wants to have 2 million rounds of ammo he should be able to have 2 million rounds of ammo, shit I wish I had 2 million rounds.