GUN Weapons cache found in Long Island home

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Feb 5, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Its not me :noes:

Weapons cache found in East Meadow home

BY EMERSON CLARRIDGE | [email protected]
    9:16 PM EST, February 4, 2008

A 60-year-old East Meadow man called Nassau police and told them he was under attack. He reported hearing gunshot blasts all around, and said there were bodies on the floor.

But the siege was taking place only inside David Martin's head, authorities said.

As responding officers came rushing into his Rita Avenue home early Saturday, they realized Martin was suffering from some sort of psychiatric condition.

They began to look around his single-story home and uncovered a stunning cache of weapons. They found two live grenades, 73 rifles, 13 handguns, land mines and thousands of rounds of ammunition. There was even a bazooka.

"He was very cooperative, but not completely with all his faculties," said Det. Lt. Raymond Cote. Martin was taken for a psychiatric evaluation at Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow.

He was arraigned there on 13 misdemeanor weapons possession charges connected with the possession of the handguns. Charges may be upgraded if forensic tests on the other weapons reveal them to be operable, police said.

Martin was an avid gun collector, police said, buying his weapons at swap meets, gun shows and on eBay.

They do not think Martin planned to use his weapons in a violent act, and they said he had no prior arrests. He threatened no one, police said.

At a news conference Monday, Nassau police spokesman Sgt. Anthony Repalone was asked to estimate the caliber of a $100,000 German machine gun that was among the seized weapons displayed on a table. "Big," Repalone said.

Neighbors expressed shock Monday that they were living so close to such a dangerous arsenal. Jane Fisher, 46, said that when it rained, Martin would open his garage door and offer to let children wait for the school bus. Many children, including Fisher's 17-year-old daughter, took him up on the offer.

"We're feeling very lucky that nothing happened," Fisher said. "He's always been friendly. You just never know."
    [​IMG]
    --

Nice contradiction there by the writer.

2. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

LOL @ $100k Maxim and the caliber as being "big". God damn.

So is dickbag Repalone's 30-06 deer rifle a dangerous weapon also?

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

I wonder if the same parents cringe when their children walk near cars... cause you know, you never know the car "could" run them over.

Or if they cringe when their children are around "knives", cuase you know, it "could" cut them.

I'd be more afraid of my kids going near doctors, cause more doctors kill people than guns have.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Probably just a dummy gun since he's just getting hit with misdemonors. Guy sounds crazy so I got no problem with them taking his shit if the call he made was legit.

5. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

:mamoru:

6. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Where do they get their research from. :rofl:

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Who needs research when you can just make shit up.

8. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that.

9. Werm

Werm Guest

It's how almost ALL gun related stories are... so sad. And people eat this shit up not knowing the truth... just like those retarded neighbors who lived next to him for years but because he owns a bunch of guns he's scarry now :noes:

10. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

:werd:

My neighbors are hippies and they would be horrified to see what I have :mamoru:

11. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

o rly

edit: shit

12. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Wow are people dumb.

13. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Holy shit! A piece of pipe with a crappy pistol grip and crappier sights! A menace to organized civilization as a whole!