SRS We were planning on eloping next month

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by No pants, Dec 10, 2007.

1. No pants

No pants New Member

I thought he was going to propose this weekend. I was setting up my clinical rotations so we could live together.

And then today out of the blue he tells me he kissed another girl yesterday and now he doesn't know what he wants. After five years he picks this day to kiss another girl and get confused. I feel numb and empty. I have finals starting tomorrow and if I don't pass I'll be expelled from my doctoral program, but I can't bring myself to study my head is pounding, I've been crying for hours. I just want to sleep and never wake up.

I feel like a fucking doormat for still wanting him back. Fuck. I've been really homesick anyway lately since I've moved so far from home I only see my family about once a year and I haven't really made any good friends here.

It hurts so fucking bad :wtc:

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I have an important question, why were you "eloping" as opposed to having a wedding? I feel the answer to this could be important.

4. No pants

No pants New Member

we're 23 we've been together five years. It was his idea to elope I'm really busy with school and we wanted to get married and oddly enough it would be better for us both financially so we were going to get married then have a real wedding after I graduated in a year and a half.

I asked him if it was just cold feet he said it was more than that.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

Well what more was it?

6. No pants

No pants New Member

Wish I knew. He tends to shut down and not talk when he gets upset. I barely even got him to talk to me on the phone.

All he'll say is he doesn't know what he wants.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Why would you want to stay with a guy who after saying he wanted to get married soon kisses another woman and announces he's not sure what he wants anymore? Then who doesn't even have the decency to give you the details of what he's feeling right now. Do you think he's going to learn the error of his ways and never think that again? Please stop waiting around for him. Concentrate as hard as you can on your school, because believe it or not it is more important than him.

8. HumanIsFood

HumanIsFood New Member

9. Exiled

Exiled New Member

You have either never experienced love and loss or you are the strongest emotional person i've ever seen

10. iwishyouwerebeer

I'm the strongest emotional person because I've loved and lost and learned. Though my posts are always blunt I'm not saying in any way shape or form that the person shouldn't feel upset, I just wish people would realize what is best for them instead of torturting themslelves for a lost cause.

11. johan

johan Active Member

Focus 100% on your schooling. Life will be SO much better once you graduate with that shiny Ph.D

You really don't need him. But whatever. Right now, that's irrelevant.

School. For you.

12. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I'm tempted to listen to you, but I think nobody will ever be enlightened like you unless they experience it.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

Maybe so :dunno: I'm still just speaking from experience. Some I wish I'd never gone through.