We got our display package for the Nokia 6620 today...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Pineapple Devil, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

I cant wait to get this phone in so I can play with it. I'm torn between this phone and the 6230 for which phone I want to get next.

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

tough call there.

if you don't mind the slightly bigger size, i'd go with the 6620.

i prefer symbian because i like all the apps for it. the 6620 also has a self-timer and 2X digital zoom on the camera, but lacks the FM Radio (if that matters) of the 6230.

...and the 6620 is slightly bigger and looks kinda like a slightly used bar of soap. :)

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

im carrying around the 3650 now so i dont mid the size of the 6620. i like symbian to, it just took a little getting used to coming from all series 40 phones. i dont mind lacking the fm radio since ive got my iPod for music. I do however, wish i had an very close approximation on when the 6230(b) is going to be ready for retail and how much its going to cost. One good thing about working in the store is I can take the phones home and test them out for as long as I want to see if I want to purchase it.

I say we'll have our 6620's in within 2 weeks

4. maczter

remember both phones play MP3 and AAC too. :)

...though you're limited by the max capacity of the MMC that each will recognize.

i neer use the radio or the MP3 player to listen to music, but i love having the beastie boys for my MP3 ring tone. ("hold it now, hit it")

if you don't mind the size of the 3650, i'd have to go with the 6620. i maay end up with one anyhow. the only feature the 6230 has that the 6620 doesn't is the FM Radio and I really have yet to have a use for that. I do like the smaller size and more traditional/stealth look of the 6230 though. I'm not a big fan of phones that stick out like a sore thumb if there are no benefits to said phones over other more traditional looking models.

5. maczter

6. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i'll probably end up with a 6230. assuming that it'll be cheaper than the 6620

7. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

kind of sucks that phone scoop is only showing cingular as getting the 6230. i was hoping that we (at&t) would get it too/only.

8. maczter

with as many business customers as AT&T has, i'd be surprised if they didn't get it. the 6620 has some additional features that might appeal to business users, but the 6230 has what most of us need and doesn't look like a toy.

9. noogles

noogles OT Supporter

besides the camera, how is the 6620 better than the 6600? i have the 6600 and i like it. wish it had a built in radio or at least be stereo instead of mono.

*edit* the 6620 is the us version of the 6600. just went to that link, my bad. what i'm waiting for is the 6630. it has a 1.3mp camera

10. maczter