'We chase you until you catch us'

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, Oct 1, 2009.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Ok guys, I know we like to haze the noobs that don't quite get it right away.... but this saying makes perfect sense.

"We chase you until you catch us"

is very closely aligned with:

"I will NEVER be approached by the caliber of woman I can pick up. "

Women chase men in a way that is obviously active pursuit to everyone but the target. When a women dresses in the morning and make sure she wears a very flattering outfit and spends a bit more time on her makeup, because she know she will see a man who she is interested in, but is not yet interested in her, that is active pursuit disguised to not appear that way to the target.

When a woman laughs at a guys dumb jokes, and brushes his arm with her breast "accidentally", and tells him how smart her is, these are active methods of getting a man to take a romantic interest in her, that are carefully calculated to not be too obvious so a man can then "pursue" her, even though she was the one that caused him to be interested in the first place. Girls will invite you over to help with computer problems or to build some an ikea cofee table and later on you find they were perfectly capable of handling it, but just wanted to make an excuse to invite you over.

A woman would be a fool not to take this role, because as jjj said, the kind of person you are capable of getting with some courage and some effort is ALWAYS going to open your dating pool up to higher caliber people and the people you really want, much more so than if you just wait around and see what floats your way.

2. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

huh? Are you simply trying to say that men should put effort into the type of women they are interested in but think they may not have a chance with versus waiting around for something to happen? If so, is this not obvious?

You also don't get a job by sitting around waiting for a random phone-call, you send our resumes.

3. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

:io: on this shit

this saying has been annoying the shit out of me on these forums for the past two days.

Its common sense, no fucking kidding.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  4. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

my head essploded

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I don't know how I can make this any simpler.

If a girl can get a attractive, successful, good man to walk up to her and ask her out on a date, then the same girl can get a MORE attractive, successful, good man to ask her on a date if she actively pursues him in a way that he will not recognize as active pursuit.

If there was a girl and I thought she was cute, and ok, but nothing really special and I heard her tell some other guy that call of duty sucks and that everyone knows the best fps on xbox is halo 3, or that hes a pussy cause he bought a non-turbo version of a car, I my head would swivel so fast as to create a sonic boom. This is something women instinctively do. They will grill your friends for info and then casually drop something that is designed to get your interest. You won't even have ANY idea they were actively trying to draw you in till your buddy later tells you how this girl was grilling him for info on you.

You THINK you caught a cool chick who knows something about video games, or cars. In reality a cool chick who knows how to play the game just caught you. Thats what the saying means.

6. eurocarracer

eurocarracer New Member

7. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I'm still confused by this and see it entirely pointless.. So what.. yes women drop hints and yes women pursue their interests indirectly... This is somehow new? :)

8. JBunni

JBunni New Member

:bowdown: thank you

9. D7

D7 OT Supporter

inorite :mamoru:

10. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

There was more then one person who claimed that it 'didnt even make sense' just clearing that up
    Im not saying its revolutionary

11. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

12. THoC

THoC New Member

i encounter this very reraly. if a girl is attractive and/or confident enough she will not do those things. she knows she is attractive enough to simply walk up to me and say something like "i think you're cute.. blah blah blah".

in my opinion the only girls that need to make up interests to catch your attention are ones w. low self esteem.

13. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I find this to be false. Most women in general do it indirectly. They may certainly be flirtatious but will not out right say they are interested.

14. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year at college."

15. THoC

THoC New Member

im confused...... are we talking about girls not out right saying they like you but flirting until you say you are. OR. girls making up intersests to catch your attention?

if the first then i agree w. you.

16. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Evidently the two statements are not so closely aligned given that the former produced the absurd advice, "Wait for her signal. Don't ruin a good thing by acting too soon," and the latter, "Approach."

17. outlaws

outlaws C.R.E.A.M.

hey man, this is great. i can attest to this, the girl i'm seeing did all the things you said! at first she would start to dress sexier. then outa nowhere she would throw shit at me like 'omg your so smart' and i didn't get why she said that because i didn't think i did anything 'amazing'. then when i said i had all this free time after work and nobody to hang out with, she would tell me to visit her :naughty:. i didn't get why she would give me these hints before but now i know why. recently, her school started and we stopped talking because she was always tired from school and sorority stuff so i stopped calling her. after a week she just wrote me a message on facebook. :wiggle:

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

There was more then one person who claimed that it 'didnt even make sense' just clearing that up
    Im not saying its revolutionary

19. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I was one of the people who didn't get it at first, just wasn't reading it right. Didn't mean I don't agree that girls indirectly get guys to chase them and they ultimately decide to let the guy catch them.

This whole thing just got out of hand since it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE. It's the same reason male animals fight it out, or puff out parts of their bodies, or make mating calls... so that the female will choose which mate she wants. Both "sides" of the "argument" agreed that this exists, and happens in human interaction. But one side was pretending that it was a new concept to the Vag that no one else was understanding and means a guy shouldn't pursue a girl until he sees these stupid signals, while the other side was claiming that they understand and in no way is a reason for a guy NOT to ask a girl out/hit on her/etc.

Any guy that waits around for these stupid little signals is a fool. Plus this entire system is the reason why we get so many "What does this mean/Do you think she likes me?" threads.

The entire reason it even went past more then 1 post was because it was being claimed that a guy shouldn't pursue a girl until he see's these signs from her... which is retarded.

20. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:werd:

21. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:rofl: i've done this before.

:o i used my knowledge about cars with a guy i was 'seeing.' i've been with a lot of car guys, so i've picked up some information over the years. anyways, this guy's career is in professional motorsports. i casually mentioned something while on the phone. i would've loved to see his face, but his reaction over the phone was quite priceless. he told me i gained some serious points. :mamoru:

22. Franco

Franco New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

fuckin true

23. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

quit making sense, bro

24. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

If rejection will never bother a guy, he should approach every woman he finds attractive.

If rejection will cause a guy to be depressed and down on himself for a month, he should wait for clear signs of interest before approaching (but he should not hesitate once he sees the sign or signs).

25. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You still have to make the initial effort/approach though for the girl to even have the chance to give you signals.