We are we so afraid to talk pricing?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Paulie Walnuts, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

It seems like here and Attitudetopia no one ever wants to talk pricing when they do a for money job. Why is that? I never mind talking about it. Its not a who's cock is bigger kind of thing. Everyone knows that everyone lives in different areas of our great nation and everyone has different pricing based on that.

Just a topic of discussion. I do not do much pro work right now because its flipping freezing and the weather is shitty day after day but if anyone wants to know just ask!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I guess most people either don't want people to know how well they are doing, or how little they are charging for their work.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i don't have any problem with it here, but i'm not going to talk about it on autopia. too many elitists thinking i'm not charging enough and bringing down the business. as a matter of fact, I've posted one of my promotions here.

we have a much closer fellowship here, since there's about 10 of us regulars. that and the fact that we all pretty much agree on stuff for the most part keeps it tame and (OT) friendly.

4. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I don't care at all. I actually posted in my writeups because everyone kept asking me. All it did there on Autopia was cause a stir.....What about the IRS watching you?........What about your clients? Blah Blah Blah......

I make 56.00 an hour. That simple. My wash and vacs are 40.00-75.00 depending on size and if the customer did a full detail with me prior. My full details are no less than 150.00 and go to the 400ish range. I have made 550.00 and 600.00 on two details though. I make 1200.00 a week and work Monday thru Saturday 8AM to 2:30PM to pick up my son. I will go out after bringing him home to do a couple here and there. I love my job and the money......that's why I do it!!!

Thanks for posting this Paulie.

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

You couldn't have said it better bro!

6. Scottwax

They raised it here too. However, market forces (which is what really should set wages) in the Dallas area means most job already start at a higher wage than minimum anyway.

7. Scottwax

Not sure exactly what it is right now, maybe $6 or so an hour? Most jobs are starting at $7.50 and up around here.

Honestly, if you are an adult and trying to support a family with a minimum wage job, you should be looking in the mirror to see who is at fault. I never stayed at minimum wage long when I was a teenager because I worked hard to make myself more valuable and got raises. Hell, my 18-year-old is a merchandiser for Pepsi and takes home $600-700 a week...and has a 3.1 GPA in college carrying a full load. Why? Because he has a good work ethic. He understands that the person most responsible for him being successful is himself. :)