SRS Ways to deal with stress

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Crawling Dead, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

I'm not going to bore you with the stereotypical story about how I'm stressed out about work, family, girlfriend all that. About how it feels everything is catching up with me all at once and everything is closing in around me and stressing me out and blah blah blah. You've all heard or experienced the story a thousand times. Im just wondering how the Asylum handles their stress. Actual ways people deal with it.

Usually I just smoke a cigarette and have sex, but that really only seems like a quick fix and doesnt last long term. Stories?

2. silverspade14

silverspade14 New Member

Occasionally drugs, most of the time I just listen to music, watch a movie, read or hang out with friends to relieve stress. Plus fapping but thats a given stress reliever.

3. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Well of course fapping. Thats on the list for a cure to anything. I am a movie buff, and i usually watch a movie before bed. I dont know, I'd like to say I wish there was a way to not worry about the things i worry about, but then again, thats kind of impossible without drugs

4. silverspade14

silverspade14 New Member

I've got 180 pages to read about microsoft word, 3 projects to turn in 3 tests to take, and 3 tutorials to deal with for an online class I'm in due thursday. I won't get time to work on it until tomorrow night at about 9 or so. And I couldn't care less at the moment. I just want to sleep and wake up not feeling bad tomorrow.

I guess sleep is a good stress reliever as well.

5. Maximillion

Maximillion New Member

Alcohol and diazepam.... I also found meeting with friends for dinner with the usual mindless conversations, going for a ride on the bike or just chilling and listening to music/ watching a movie to be pretty effective ways to take your mind of things :dunno:

6. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

:420:

exercise

7. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/458; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

My favorite way is to go trap shooting, it takes my mind off of everything, its loud, and not a lot of self-destruction. If that doesn't work then blowing up a case of starting fluid usually does it...tape a paper towel to the can, light it on fire, have a buddy throw it high and away from you and shoot it. Nice fireball.

8. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

1: I make a list of all the things causing me anxiety. I keep the list short and treat it like a "too do list." Once on paper (or on the PC) it's something I don't have to remember and thus reduces stress. I then review the note every few days and if ideas come to mind about how to solve one of them -- or if others come to mind -- then I write those down and see if any good solutions come up as I go. It can take days sometimes but it releases stress.

2: I meditate. I'll sit in a position, such as on a pillow on a floor and my back against a wall (where ever I am comfortable but will not fall asleep), I'll then put my hands on my knees palms up and pinch gently my thumb and middle finger together so they only tough lightly. Then I close my eyes and begin counting to 5 while breathing through my nose deeply, and then I exhale for 5. I focus on something specific that isn't related to my stress, and I do this until I no longer need to count. As ideas come into my head that are unrelated, I just let them pass without grasping onto them. Once focused and thinking only about one thing -- like my breathing, or the backs of my eyelids, I'll begin letting ideas come into my mind, such as the list I made, or something I want to work on solving. Answers and motivation usually come as a result.

Exercise: I get at least 30-60 minutes of exercise a few times per week, sometimes more. It's not hard exercise, just cardiovascular to help alleviate mental stress, and to get blood moving. Exercise of this type changes mental processes, and produces the ability to think more clearly and to alleviate feelings of confusion or mild depression. This allows a state of thinking things through more easily during meditation. Sometimes after meditation or exercise I'll return to the list to add more problems that I find stressful (even the smallest thing), or I'll write some notes on how to solve it, and when I'll begin.

Those are some of my methods.

9. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Sex/masturbation (depending on your situation)

Hobbies

Friends

Exercise

These all do a good job for me.

10. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Shovling everything out of your life that causes negativity is one thing. If you are stressed out it most likely means you are living a wrong lifestyle or working at the wrong job. But most likely your in a situation that you cannot avoid and get stressed afteral, tell the person who is stressing you out what they are doing wrong, and how they should be treating you, if they don't listen , complain to upper managment about their behaviour , the most important thing is that you don't allow these kind of people or situations to walk over you, because if you keep silent these kind of problems will continue FOREVER on and on. The wrong behaviour = don't want to make an effort to change the situation, or thinking it will go over by itself. Reality is that a problem and especially a stress causing problem will continue till the end of time until you take firm measures and throw up a wall and make changes so that it will not enter your life anymore.