Waxy Maize Starch questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Drewski, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewski

Drewski New Member

so the whole deal with this is that because of its ultra high molecular weight, it just digested really fast. but it only works if its the only thing in your stomach.

I like to drink a gatorade/bcaa mix during my workout. its usually done about 15-20mn before the end of my workout. Is that enough time for the carbs in the gatorade to get through my stomach so they don't interfere with the WMS which I have right after my workout? How long should I wait after I down the WMS before having my protein so it can digest?

2. crucialkc

crucialkc the earth is flat

Justin Harris suggested to drink your WMS, wait ~20-30min, and then drink your protein.

you can mix WMS with a few things, but they will raise the osmality, meaning it will digest a bit slower.. try to keep the other things in your WMS concoction limited to 25% of the mixture.. the lower the amount they take up of the mixture, the faster it is digested.. the more, the slower.

things he suggests mixing in with your waxy maize: leucine, creatine (whatever kind you like), maybe beta-alanine..

example: 82g waxy maize starch, 5g creatine mono, 10g leucine, 3g B-A

I have no idea about your gatorade question. I know that a lot of people do, however, follow this protocol: WMS mixture after working out, wait 20 minutes, protein and simple carbs like gatorade or dextrose or whatever

there has been a lot of debate about WMS and insulin. it obviously is going to raise the insulin levels, but no one really knows just how much. people who follow the protocol I mentioned above most likely do that to get "the best of both worlds" (replenish glycogen via WMS, jack insulin levels up in case they weren't already jacked up by the WMS with dextrose.

lastly, I know it's very typical to hear this on OT, but do a search. I made a thread not too long ago and it had a lot of useful info in it, including stuff from Justin Harris

3. JeffMerr

JeffMerr Guest

I put 2 scoops in my PWO shake, fuck all that timing shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.