Waxing...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by crnkwlk, Feb 20, 2008.

1. crnkwlk

crnkwlk New Member

Whats the grow out time before you can wax? I'm tired of shaving every 3 days and having the stubble but if i shave to soon i get ingrowns for a week.
    We all know those hurt like a bitch to shave over...So if anyone has some info and best kinds to use that would be nice. And i hear if you wax it gets thinner and thinner each time? Truth or not?

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

what hair region are we talking about?

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

need to be 1/4 to 1/2 inch long.

depending on your hair growth rate it may be a week 2 weeks, 8 weeks. everyone is differnt as far as how long a waxing lasts.

It APPEARS thinner but will soon grown back to full thickness unless you do it continuously.

I would suggest going to a proffessional to get waxed and one that uses Stripless or clothless wax. The wax is better for the Bikini/pubic area since it can grab shorter, thicker hairs more easily as it hardens.

4. crnkwlk

crnkwlk New Member

Pubic region, can shave the balls, chest etc...without worrying but pubic region gets ingrown hairs sometimes and i'm just looking for an alternative.

There's no way i could let it grow that long, it drives me nuts after a few days...And my hair grows back pretty fast and thick so i'd probably have to do it every few weeks or so...Damn, any other way to reduce ingrown hairs? I shave down and sideways, never up.

5. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

ways to reduce ingrown hairs while shaving:
    scrub with an exfoliator before you shave
    shave at the beginning of your shower, and use a new razor. if must reuse a razor, make sure it is still very sharp, and clean it with rubbing alcohol before use to ensure it is free of bacteria.
    use salicylic acid acne medication on the area after shaving
    use an anti-razor bump cream after shaving. I use Bikini Zone, which would also be just fine for men but there are other comparable products, and it works very well.
    hope that helps

6. Phantom Empress

a quarter inch isn't that long.. what a week and a half, 2 weeks of growth or something. it's worth it if you want it smooth nice for a longer period of time..

if not Shave never against the grain and exfoliate a lot.

7. natasha

natasha Active Member

I want to get waxed but I'm terrified of the pain :noes: Plus I couldn't stand waiting for it to grow out.

I shave WITH the grain first, the against to finish...don't get razor burn as much that way

8. Phantom Empress

i shave withthe grain and then against, only get ingrown hairs in one patch of skin and i deal by using an exfoliating scrub and anti-acne soaps onthat area. i also don't shave every day or even every other day. i sahev liek every 4-6 days and i just deal with the stubble.

9. Phantom Empress

it's not that painful to get waxed. if you are scared, take some ibuproffen before hand and ask your tech to be easy on you. it's not htat bad at all.

10. demosnat

demosnat New Member

The pain really isn't too bad, most of it just sort of stings like when you get your brows waxed. The only thing that I recall really hurting was right on the glands.

11. Michael1897

Michael1897 New Member

I use a electric trimmer sans guard normally and never have razor burn.

I've used veet in the past and had great results, really smooth and lasted longer than the shaver.