Waxing question

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Nader_D, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

Sorry for making new thread,

planning on waxing my car this weekend. first time it will be waxed. i have a rotary buffer (i think thats its name) that iw ant to use to wax it. What are good products to use? I want the car to look okay, but dont want to spend hundreds on products. any ideas? :x:

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Did you not even see the product list sticky?

A rotary buffer is for correcting paint, not waxing it. If you have never used one before, you are asking for problems.

3. Nader_D

i went through the product list, but none of the names match up with the stuff ive seen in my local store.

the buffer that we have, the box it came in said its used for waxing cars...thats why i asked again. ive written down some of the waxes in the product list to check at the store when i leave work. also reading through the how-to wash/wax car as we speak.

4. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

If you're going with store bought products, I guess I could recommend Eagle One Nanowax or the new Turtle Wax Ice polish. Either one shines up pretty nice, are cheap, and the shine will last you at least a couple of weeks.

5. Intro

Intro New Member

i wouldnt recommend the turtle wax unless you wax ur car every month, doesnt last that long. I use it for the trim and other variouse parts, try picking up a bottle of klasse.

6. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

That's why, in my post, I stated the shine will last a couple of weeks. And he's looking for stuff you can find in a store. I don't know about you, but I can't walk into my local Autozone and pick up a jug of Klasse. That's why I use the Werkstatt twins that I ordered off their website.

7. Nader_D

I checked the site and they do have some nice things.

Ive been recommended to pick up stage 2 of the meguiers set (polisher) and a meguiers nxt wax i believe.

i wont use the turtle wax or the other no named stuff as i know its crappy quality. i learnt that from my old car. i would like the car to have a shine but im not willing to spend hundreds for that. winter here pretty much screws up everything

8. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

ONR wash + ONR Wax = bitchin shine for under $50...no machine needed.

If you want stuff you can pick up at the local whatever-mart, Meg's Nxt paste wax is pretty good.

9. Nader_D

I ended up getting meguiars stages 1-3
    The car isnt even 1 year old yet. So me and a buddy tomorrow are gonna wash it, then do the 3 stages by hand. I dont wanna take the chance in screwing up my paint with that machine. last time i used it was on my 92 civic :mamoru: so it didnt really matter