Waxing my car soon need help.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Corky, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Corky

Corky I lent Jesus $20

I've owned my car for about 3 months and have only waxed it once. I used Meguiars Gold Class wax and that was it on it. I want to really wax it up good before winter hits and I plan on doing it this week. If someone would like to help me with what all products I need I would really appreciate it. I own a 96 Mustang thats Green. The colors pretty dull and dry all the time. I also live in a town where most roads have gravel on them. I have chrome tips and stock rims. My dad said something about oxidiation on my car and that it needs to be fixed. So someone create me a list and when its all done I will take pictures thanks.

2. Corky

Corky I lent Jesus $20

bump, I'm going to the city on tuesday and also plan on waxing it then. We have a Walmart, K-mart which is closing and most car stuff is 40% off, O-Reilly's and Napa. Please someone give me a list of cleaners and appliers to pick up. The color is very dull and has swirls all over the car. I'm also going to clean the interior also, no leather. The only things I have are. Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax and Turtle Wax Black N' Wet Tire cleaner.

So Im asking for alot :) but I really need help. I'm just getting into the whole detailing thing. So the things I really need is a list of what to get, and how to apply it and what order to apply everything in. If someone can help I would Greatly Appreciate it thanks guys..

3. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Check the stickies... the info you need is in there :)

4. quamen

quamen New Member

u need to polish the car or use a compound, polish and wax which will make your car nice and shiny. remember a wax is a protective barrier mainly, not a color enhancer. the polish puts oils lost back into the paint, making it shine. Also i would first prep the car with clay, so you get a fresh start.