wax / polishing technique.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by integra707, Jul 24, 2003.

1. integra707

integra707 New Member

I just had a few questions regarding the way in which I wax and polished my car. I tried searching, but came up empty handed.

Polish- I apply basically like a wax, let sit then wipe off? or Am I supposed to work it into the paint? Also how much do I need to use per panel? Do I need to let it sit, or wipe asap?

Wax- Again, how much do I need to apply per panel (ill be using the s100 paste)? Should I do one panel, then remove, or let it sit?
    I understand you are supposed to wait 24 hours before applying your second coat of wax, and it isn't good to QD your car in between waxing. I read another thread and it said dust / rinse with distilled water. Unfortunately, I won't have that option in the convention center. Should I just leave it at one coat and QD, or QD and apply a 2nd?

Thanks again guys... (sorry if these questions have been asked before.)

-Will

2. integra707

integra707 New Member

oh yea, and Im at work so I had a buddy of mine pick up some s100 wax / cleaner for me.

The guy at the Harley store sold it to him for $8.95 each. So I got both for $20. :bigthumb:

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

There's nothing that says you have to wait before applying the second coat of wax. Wax and polish the same way. Use just enough to cover the section you are working with with a light haze, then wipe off front to back, the way the wind flows over your car.

4. disc108

disc108 New Member

Why not in a circular motion?

5. RedDemonSA

RedDemonSA Guest

back & forth is the best way I believe I have read on Autopia.

and its worked for me :cool:

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

It'll swirl your paint.

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You do need to work the S100 SEC into the paint, one section at a time, then wipe off. With S100 wax, wipe on one section at a time then immediately wipe off.