Wax left on plastic exterior!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Maverick, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

A few weeks ago I waxed my 2004 F-150 Heritage. It was a good idea too because a week later we started getting HAMMERED by rain. I have never seen a reservoir fill up faster in my life! Anyways, because of quick wax job, I got was on the plastic moldings on the truck. I've tried everything I can to get it off but it won't leave! What can I use to remove the dried wax from the plastic? And should I be using a nicer wax than Megieur's Gold Class liquid wax?

2. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

go to autogeek.com and get some trim renewer,when u wax and polish its a good idea to put painters tape around all trim first,thats what i do,saves alot of headachres from getting the trim all fucked up

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Peanut butter usually works. The oils remove the wax. A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser should also work.

4. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

D-Limonene, 3M wax removal spray, even lighter fluid takes off wax then I dress with race glaze trim renewer and topped with 303.
    On top end jobs I like to just put z1 over good looking plastic trim.
    trim renewer over waxed trim will get the trim black again

I just did a car that the owner had waxed all over the trim and its been on for years and the only thing that could get the wax off real good was the 3M wax removal in the spray can and a short paint brush

5. kdv

kdv New Member

No BS, peanut butter does work. My LS's rocker panels and other plastic trim had it bad this spring after a sloppy wax job, and it did the job. Just make sure you apply smooth and not chunky :big grin:.

Added bonus, it washes off really easy with just water :).

6. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Just smear peanut butter on the affected trim and leave it there for a few minutes? Rub it in and spray it off? What's the method? :o

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Just use a towel and rub it across the trim then remove with a clean towel. If the plastic is textured, you can use a toothbrush to aggitate it.