:wavey: F&N.. Introduction, Simple Question and comment.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ribbie, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

First off I'd just like to say that this forum has really helped me motivate myself to become more active. There are a lot of good comments and articles posted within this section that are worth every penny of my membership x 10.

I have always been an active guy, played sports all through highschool and played extracurricular sports also. I have some bad knees though :(

I had orthoscopic surgery on my right knee last january but was basically sidelined for a year and a half before it. I have put on a considerable amount of weight but didnt really notice it until I saw myself in a reflection and didn't even recognize myself. That being said I've made an effort to monitor what I'm eating and am about to start a diet once I figure out what works for me.

I got a gym membership last month and have been going every other day (usually mon weds fri) to do some cardio. I usually will ride the bike for a 15 min warm up and cool down and then use the elliptical for 45-60 minutes.

I have picked up a wieght set and am currently trying to devise a little home work out plan. I was just wondering if anyone could provide me with their #1 link.

The Question:

Should I look at doing a simple aerobic workout on top of my cardio or should I start back into lifting?

I worked out regularily from 17-20 before my surgery, if that matters.

2. -Mordecai-

-Mordecai- New Member

home work out plans never seem to work for me. theres too many distractions at home

3. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

The main reason I don't want to work out at the gym is because I work 2-11 and when I go at noon the machines are always jam packed with highschool kids and lunch hour people. I always can get cardio but I dont have the time to get a full work out in (waiting between machines) with my current schedule.

4. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

Go before work? (at a 24 hour gym)

5. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:werd:

lifting weights plu cardio will provide the best results if you are trying to get back in shape

6. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

There isnt a 24 hour gym close to me or else I would be all over this.

The current gym is open from 6am to 10 pm.

7. Ribbie

Ribbie OT Supporter

?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.