Waterspots and questions

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Renegade, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

My 03 Cl-S has a problem with waterspots..I drove for 3 weeks (longest in a long time) without washing the car. Well I wash the car this morning and there are waterspots all over the hood. I tried DACP, SFP, and a polish and s100 wax...the waterspots are still there. What can get them out?

Also im going to college in august, I will only be able to wash my car like once every 2 months and it will be sitting outside everyday where sprinklers or rain may hit it. Therefore I know these waterspots will keep appearing. Is it okay to have these waterspots appear on the car throughout the whole year...and then when I come home once a year get a professional detail with a rotary from a detailer?

2. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

If the professionaly uses a rotary each and every single time he does your car, even after a year, then you need to find a different professional. I would only use a rotary as a last resort to get the paint looking good, and follow with a porter cable. If the paint isn't smeared with sand, a random orbital and medium polish would work just fine thereafter.

To remove water spots: wash the car, take a microfiber and dampen it with white vinegar, wipe the water spots. Rewash the car.

*I* would recommend using a wax with more durability than S100. #16 is harder to work with, but the durability is so much better, and the look is comparable.

They're not harmful, but you should wash your car more then once every 2 months, even if that means buying some QEW and washing it. :)

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If your paint will be subject to sprinklers, find another place to park or get a car cover. In addition, you can wash with Protect-alls Quick and Easy Wash. Only takes a gallon of water and once you get the hang of it, you should be able to wash your car in 30 minutes. That way you can wash more often.