Waterless Car cleaning

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by DrCarlo, Oct 2, 2004.

1. DrCarlo

DrCarlo Its not that im lazy, its just that I dont care.

did a bit of a search but didnt find much on it.

A friend met a guy who sells waterless car cleaning products and has brought a bottle of the stuff. She has tried it out on her car and says it comes up like new.

I am fairly skeptical about these things of things, I normally do the mothers 3 step on my skyline and the results are good. However we have pritty strict water reestrictions now and I cant wash the car at home. The local car was use recylced water so the car is hard to get clean. Its very tempting to use something like this.

I believe this is the product
    http://www.nowetcarwash.com.au/

Was wondering what people think of these.. If they are worth using, will they damage paint or strip off previous wax jobs?

The car is not a show car, its a track car however I just want it looking decent...

2. perry

perry burp

Up here, we use a product called Protect All Quick n' Easy wash - QEW. It's not waterless, but uses just 1 or 2 gallons of water and no hose. Even with your water restrictions, you should be able to use it as that is one of the reasons it was designed. www.protectall.com

That product sounds like Pooboy's Spray and Wipe in its use.. Spray on, let it 'soak up' the dirt, wipe away. S&W is a very nice product, but I wouldn't use it on anything other than a lightly dusty car.. www.poorboysworld.com

If you're looking for a true washing replacement, QEW would be the way to go.. If the car is super dirty, take it to the local place to get most of the dirt off then use QEW (or S&W really) to get it the rest of the way.

3. DrCarlo

Okay I just used the stuff on my mates car and my car.. Works really well

its called enviro car car. Apparently german

http://www.envirocarcare.com/

Our water restrictions are really anal. you used to be able to use a bucket of water but now I dont think your allowed to do that. however meh I would still use this QEW stuff. I suppose I am just paranoid about it damaging the paint finish.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I've been using Quick and Easy Wash in my detailing business for 12 years now. I've never had a problem with it damaging the paint and I regularly detail high end cars, exotics and classics.

What you are referring to sounds a lot like Dri-Wash, which is not only a very average product but also a multi-level marketing scheme.

5. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

I use QEW as stated above.

Also give Poorboy's Spray and Wipe a shot. Not for heavy cleaning, but light to medium dirtyness, it works great...No marring/swirling/scratching . www.poorboysworld.com

6. Besides QEW is there another similar product with similar results? The nearest QEW distributor is about 100 km from where I live?

Could I just try anything my local RV dealership would have?

7. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

Does anyone from your work live in Kitchener or Barrie?? I have the same problem as you, so on Monday I'm going to ask one of the guys from my department that lives in Kitchener to stop by the store there and pic it up for me.

8. I guess i'll just pick up a few bottles at the beggining of ski season when I head up north (via Barrie).

I just find it odd that there aren't any viable alternatives.

9. DrCarlo

Who makes this QEW stuff. I am trying to find out if I can get it in australia

10. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

protectall www.protectall.com

11. DrCarlo

hrm.. they dont have any resellers in australia.. Shall drop them an email.

If the stuff is as good as they say, then I would be keen. Our water restrictions are kinda tight these days.