Water Spots

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Phishy4, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

So I did a full detail on the Audi (OC Orange Pad, OP White Pad, Top w/s100) and decided to put on a second coat of s100 today. So I gave it a quick wash with Optimum Wash (regular, not no-rinse) and dried w/ a microfiber as usual. So I pull it in the garage and start to notice tons of really fine water spots as I'm waxing. They were absolutely not there before the wash today (I was working under 1000 watts of halogen while polishing). I used some #34 to touch it up and noticed that alot of them weren't coming out. WTF?!? I literally just buffed this thing out close to perfect yesterday and the only water that touced it was the wash 10 minutes before waxing again today. I also noticed tons of water spots on my mirrors and windshield that were never there and they wouldn't come off w/IG and a microfiber. What in the hell happened?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You must have parked near a sprinkler and it left some ghosting you didn't see until you put wax over it. I've had the same thing happen to me.

Optimum has a water spot remover in test that works incredibly well, got off rusty water stains from a Cavalier with very little effort for me today. Not sure when it will be available though.

3. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

I wish I hadn't put two layers of s100 over that shit. Think I should try a vinegar mix or windex w/vinegar on the glass? IG isn't budging them.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Wash down with vinegar/water at 50-50 and try some Soft Scrub and 0000 steel wool on the glass.

5. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

Will do mr wax, thanks.