Water Spots on Mini.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by deadmeat, Jul 19, 2009.

1. deadmeat

deadmeat Active Member

First, thank you Scott for having used S100 and indirectly causing my purchase of it some time ago. I love the way it looks on black.

I just cleaned up my wife's friend's Mini. It had tree crap all over the paint (not really sap though) that had to be clayed out, and still has water spots in certain areas. I'm majorly concerned with the stripes because they're decals and I don't want to hurt them, and the edges of the roof. I have a rotary and a PC, 3M liquid compound and also the machine polish along with the 3 step Mother's line (dacp and swirl free polish).

I was gentle to it because I didn't want to screw up the paint, will vinegar take these out without further abrasiveness?

Thanks for any advice. This was just a clean up, but she will bring it back periodically so I can concentrate on one spot at a time.

Here's some before and after shots. DSLR loaned out, so used point and shoot. You can really see what I'm talking about in the last 2 pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

No way to tell without actually trying stuff out on the car. Begin with vinegar and work your way up as needed. Meguiars #105 and #205 are the new hotness in Meguiars polishes, far superior to the old 80 series line.

3. deadmeat

deadmeat Active Member

What I figured from reading some other posts. Will the vinegar eat through the 2 coats of s100 or should I prep it with some alcohol or something first? Luckily I have 2 weeks before I hit this again and then I get to just focus on the roof and pull the grilles out to get around the edges.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Vinegar will strip wax.

I use it with Optimum No Rinse, add a quart to the ONR mix (usually 6 quarts of water when I mix it up) and wash as usual.

5. deadmeat

deadmeat Active Member

Thanks again. Thanks to you and the guys on Autopia I'm getting a lot of practice getting these things right.