Water spots after rain

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Intel, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Intel

Intel Guest

Kinda stupid question, but was wondering.

I washed my car and my roommates car on the same day.

I took my time with mine, and when I finished with mine it was like just waxed look. (Water and car soap)

I washed the roommate's car right after that, didnt take the time with it. Got it wet, soaped it, rinsed it and quickly dried it out.

It rained this morning any my paint/glass (black) is all filthy again, water spots.

The roommates doesn't show it, but then again it's a green car. Thoughts or I am crazy or is it just because its black and makes them standout?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Black makes everything stand out more. Why do you think I didn't get another black car? ;)

3. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Fukkin Werd. My wife's black Jetta gets water spots when it rains two states over. Pisses me off to no end because she always bitches about it, so I've now run the PC over her car a grand total of 6 times, whereas my truck has gotten the treatment all of once. And this has all been in the past 9 months.

4. Intel

Intel Guest

Wow, 6 times?

Do the water spots get embeded in the paint or something that you need to use polish to remove it?

Or do I just wash the car again, water and soap?

5. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

I polish it because the water spots pretty much etch themselves into the paint. The damn car only has single-stage paint on it. We're hoping to get it repainted this year. Probably black with either a blue or purple pearlescent clear on top.

6. Intel

Intel Guest

Oh I see, you don't have a clearcoat? -- My car does have a clearcoat on top, I shouldn't worry about polishing every time it rains, right?

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

No, rain usually doesn't cause a problem. Water sprinklers are really bad though, tap water is usually loaded with minerals that often need to be polished off if you don't rewash your car quickly.