water cooling setup

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jman, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Jman

Jman New Member

what would be my best bet for a good setup for around $250 the thermaltake big water looks decent but I fear its performance wouldn't be up to my standards. Can someone reccomend me a good setup? i was thinking teh dual 80mm fan black ice radiator since it will fit my case well... im going to use an lga P4.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

thermaltake = crap.

for watercooling, the only good way is to make it yourself. Buy the blocks you need, a radiator to fit your needs, pump, resivoir, etc. Kits almost never do what you want.

3. Jman

Jman New Member

ok can you reccomend a setup? and yeah i figured tt would be crap

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

can't recommend a setup without hearing what you have and what you want to acheive.

also, a word of advice: water cooling is dangerous. Don't do it unless you know what you're doing.

now the truth:

you do not know what you are doing.

this is one of those things that if you need me to list everything you need, then you are not qualified. Go read up on WC at sites like www.hardforum.com. Then you can ask questions about specific products...

I can help ya if you want to know the diff between two radiators, and whether you need somethign bigger, etc... but learn the basics yourself.

5. Jman

Jman New Member

I know the basics already... I know I am going with a 120mm black ice radiator with 3/8 id tubing... I still need advise on which is the best cpu block and pump to go with. Budget is less than 300 but 200 would be ideal