GUN Watching Napalatono speak this morning. realized where the new AWB will be instituted

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Vermincelli, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Listening to Janet and Obama talk about the "growing problem of guns being smuggled from the US into Mexico" (which is utter bullshit). and realized that this is going to be the prime opportunity to push forward an AWB bill.

Even though many of the weapons are ones that were once legally sold to the Mexican government by our own government for their military, they are trying to spin it to look like thousands of gun shops are selling/smuggling thousands of autos. (instead of selling them for the outrageous prices they can get on the legal market here).

2. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Congress already put the kabosh on a new AWB for the time being.
    Doesn't mean it won't or couldn't happen, but I think they're realizing how unfeasible it is in this current environment.

Look for them to start small and make smaller grabs like heavy taxation on ammunition, "safety" implementations to semi-auto handguns and rifles, and serialization of ammunition.

3. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

man nothing is happening until after midterm and probably not even then

11ty billion people buy guns because a democrat was elected, if I'm in office, how do I get reelected? Ban guns? Fuck no. Something like 65 democrats already said no fucking way. They're in the business of getting elected not in the business of passing laws.

4. Hartman

Hartman New Member

Eric Holder already used the violence on the border as the primary reason for the ban.

Which is absolutely laughable by anyone with the ability to think for themselves.

5. Isn't the position of the mexican government basically that the drug problem is ours because our people keep buying the drugs? Why don't we tell them that the gun problem is theirs to deal with because their gangs keep buying them.