MMA Watching "Mask" on Tapout...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by turbodude, Aug 9, 2007.

1. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

Makes me want to stab myself in the eye repeatedly with a fork. GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!! Act professional for once.

2. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

He was smart enough to see a niche before it existed and took advantage of this now he has enough $$ to act however the hell he wants too.

3. Beepsandbuzzes

Beepsandbuzzes New Member

Who's Mask and what's Tapout?

4. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Mask is the CEO of TapouT clothing if you dont know TapouT clothing you have probably click on the wrong subforum.

5. JustGod

JustGod New Member

Good for them I say.

6. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

Mask and skyskrape are both cool dudes with a lot of love for the sport. They actually got me re-interested in the sport.

After the gracie v giant wrestler gimmick wore off for me I stopped watchin. Then years later I met them at a tradeshow where I was repping a sportsbag line. Long story short, I sold them lots of camo bags and they sold me on the new ufc.

7. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I cringe everytime he talks.

He's too loud and obnoxious for me and throws out too many cliche type sayings. I just don't believe thats his actual personality.

The other guys seem cool though.

8. auto

auto New Member

I have to agree, its an otherwise entertaining show.

9. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

i appreciate what they do for teh sport, but like i said seeing his "persona" makes me want to stab myself

10. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

i know of TapouT and all...but never really saw the shows....just know it as a sponsor....i'll check it out....

11. HaydenMac

HaydenMac Active Member

For those who haven't seen the show, be prepared for lots of "bro" and "cat" and gnarly-dude lingo. I do applaud their grass-roots efforts. They seek out guys who are deserving and go the distance with them, and they're fairly loyal, at least on-screen. I liked them giving rich franklin shit for not drinking their water during one of his fights after they'd sent him a case. They came up, dropped another case on the table where he'd been signing autographs, and gave him crap for it, but in good fun.

How they dealt with Matt Serra "defecting" to another sponsor for more cash was like dealing with a ex-girlfriend - they still cared about him, but let it be known that it was a dick move for someone who'd sponsored him from the get-go. They'd be his sponsor if he lost his ass and needed them again, and they knew Serra was going for the big bucks, which was a business decision, but it still stung.

Mask does get annoying from time to time, but he appears genuine and is a true promoter in every sense of the word.

12. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I respect that they have been supporting the sport way before many people gave a sh*t about it... but their personas are a little too WWE for my liking... I do actually like the tv show as it shows some interesting behind the scenes stuff....

13. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

They came to my Boxing/KB gym in Colorado. The one with Duane Ludwig and the "Cowboy" was their prospect.