MMA Watched the funniest sub ever last night

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Antigeek, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

We've got a father/son combo that trains together in our jiu-jitsu class and they've been there about a month or so. Dad's about my age, and his son is 13.

Anyway, apparently before class started, his son told the instructor he wanted to roll with him after class and that he was going to make him tap, or something along those lines. Just a typical kids being kids thing.

So after class broke last night they started rolling. And of course the kid was being absolutely dominated while our instructor was half joking with him, half trying to coach him out of a really bad position.

In the process of trying to get out from under a mount, somehow the kid managed to get himself in a triangle. Then the instructor rolled it over so he had the kid flat on the ground with him kneeling over him and his head and one arm trapped.

Here's where it gets funny.

Our instructor looks down and sees that his belt is untied. So he takes it off (while holding the triangle from the mount), looks at the kid's dad, grins like a fool, and then makes a loop with the belt. He reached over, caught one of the kid's feet, and wrapped it with the loop from the belt. Then he caught the other foot and wrapped it up with the belt as well.

By this point, his dad was laughing. I was laughing. The instructor was laughing. The kid was wondering what we were all laughing at.

Then to finish, he pulled his feet up and used his belt to tie them to the kid's belt, effectively hog-tying him. Once he had him tied up, he got up and left the kid on the mat.

Unfortunately, the kid didn't get his belt untied quick enough to free his ankles and couldn't try to do anything in return. He came off the mat with the look of utter confusion on his face. "Is hogtying someone even legal in jiu-jitsu?"

Dad reminded him that he probably shouldn't challenge the instructor... Not yet at least.

It's so much more fun training with people who have a sense of humor. I'm going to have to try this with my nephew when I see him and he starts with his taekwondo stuff again.

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

amen.

and story was :rofl:

3. Optamix

Optamix New Member

My instructor is awesome, really fun guy.

One day we were getting off the mat and he was taking his black belt off. I said something to the effect of I was just going to borrow his belt and reached for it. He stepped back and retied it and dead pan/scary looking said "If you can take it off me you can have it"

I kinda nervously laughed and said i was just kidding and walked off but I knew that if I had actually reached for it again he would have damn near killed me. Brazilians are crazy like that.

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl: cool story

5. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

The instructor at my place knocked a kid out with a real basic face to face collar choke after the kid told him he was "resistant to chokes". :rofl:

6. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

wtf? :rofl:

on that note, I fucking HATE getting choked.

7. auto

auto New Member

Neat story, a lesson in humility is always good thing.

8. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

9. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

10. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

Kids first time to class. His dad comes with him. Both have a few months worth of training in VA Beach. The kid does some real light rolling with me, and it's pretty obvious that he's got next to no experience.

He goes to roll with our instructor, who is always good about allowing people to work on things that they need, and not jumping right into subs. He's got the kid in a basic, face to face, collar choke. Real basic shit. The kid pipes up "I'm resistant to chokes" and we all kind of look over at his dad. His dad gives us the :dunno: look so our instructor holds it and starts cranking down.

Next thing I know, the kid is slumped over onto of our instructor (he was in our instructors guard)and starts bobbing. 5 seconds later he comes back out of it. He comes out clean. No coughing, no snorting, none of that shit, but has no idea what the hell just happend. He freaked out pretty bad when we told him he had gone out.

They didn't come back. :mamoru:

11. miek

miek New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: "I'm resistant to chokes" I like that one

12. calteg

calteg Those who would sacrifice personal liberty for sec OT Supporter

Don't take things so seriously...life will kill yo
  13. Bandito

Bandito OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl:

14. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

i rememebr when i first started rolling with bjj guys i would do alot of unorthodox shit i learned in judo. I was trying to set up an arm bar once and went for a triangle but when i locked the triangle the guy did that thing where you turn your head one way and put your arm in the other direction so you cant get the damn choke because its not cutting off the circulation so I got pissed and losened the triangle and slid my arm in to replace his arm and as i was locking the triangle i remember hearing the jj instructor say

"your not gonna make him tap you need an arm in ....."

and the guy tapped

"what the hell did you just use your arm instead of his"

we laughed about that for a couple of mins