COMIC Wasn't it established that the Celestials created Mutants?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by axio, May 28, 2006.

1. axio

axio New Member

Wasn't it established a while back that the Celestials were the reason why mutations had started a while back?

If so, then how the fuck did the end of House of M happen? The Celestials are basically gods, I don't think one of THEIR creations would have more power than them.

2. your_mom

your_mom Active Member

when was that established? in earth x?

i thought that was non canon :dunno:

3. axio

axio New Member

I reading some older hard copies today, in Eternals #1 it states that they were directly responsible for super-heros through genetic manipulation.

Seemed like a catch all way for Kirby to explain super-powers, but it was also around the time he quit and went to DC... seems like Marvel never wrote it off :dunno:

They also keep calling Deviants "mutates" and "mutants" throughout the entire run of Eternals. They went so far as to hint that Gamiel was responsible for the Hulk gaining his powers.

4. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

i remember this too....

5. Omegaboy

Omegaboy Scuzzy Psychout Merchant OT Supporter

I think 'created' is too strong a word for what they did...
    from my understanding they mostly messed with humans energy storage/manipulation potential...so that one day they might make something with unlimited energy that could 'bind with infinity' (ala the omegas)

it wasnt like a controlled experiment, and its not like the mutes powers are a controlled factor by the celestials....they just threw a firecracker in the human genome to 'spice it up'...they could get out of their control.

6. droopz

droopz New Member

I thought that Franklin Reed was supposed to be the ultimate "goal" of the experiment, hence the Celestials wanting to wipe the planet clean. They had the final product of the experiment and they were ready to move on.

7. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Franklin may have been Celestial level... but despite her reality warping powers... was Wanda?? I'm not so sure....

8. Omegaboy

Omegaboy Scuzzy Psychout Merchant OT Supporter

Oh, hang on..i remember now.
    Wanda is an Alpha, high powerd but nowhere near an omega, but her powers are kinda weird, as her mutant power allows her to tap into 'magical power'.

As a mutant she probably couldnt come close to fucking with the world.
    But as a full blown witch, thats a different story, Celestials dont deal with magics.