GUN Washington state open carry

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by YesterdaysGone, Jun 13, 2006.

1. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

hey i found some useful information concerning open carry in washington, thought i would share:

open carry is legal in general... some cities frown on it....
    seattle - according to (unreliable) sources, chief of police says "people who open carry will be arrested."

i have also heard that federal way (where i live, and haven't had any problems yet, but also don't open carry often) will felony arrest and possibly shoot open carriers... :ugh: (again, an unreliable source)

King county policy seems to have no problem with open carry, or at least one of tolerance.

and the official law: RCW 9.41.270

The definition of manifests:
    1. transitive verb show something clearly: to make something evident by showing or demonstrating it very clearly.

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861628197/manifest.html

So, what i read out of it, is nowhere in washington state, (except for no firearms allowed places) should they be able to prosecute, if they cannot prove that you were demonstrating clearly an intent to intimidate another, and you can provide another reason for open carry...

im not a lawyer, so the above is for entertainment purposes only, yada yada..

am i pretty close on this? what are your thoughts?

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I dunno. Looks like they have a lot of wiggle room to beat your ass with the law there.

3. CString

CString New Member

open carry is legal here. i open carry late at night sometimes when i gotta run to the liquor store or gas station or somethin. i've never been hassled about it.
    edit: http://www.opencarry.org/
    Washington

Summary
    Washington is an open carry state. However, the practice is not common and may subject you to scrutiny from local law enforcement.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  4. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Isn't getting a CCW there really easy? I checked last year and getting a non-resident CCW permit was really simple, just had to show up to a police station and pay $150 or something, supposedly shall-issue. And that had reciprocity with Montana and Utah and a few other states.

5. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

that site is horrible, at least in reguards to CT. it states CT is a open carry state, but we are not

6. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

I am "in the process" of getting my CCW. We'll see how it all goes, but there shouldn't be a problem. $60, fingerprints, and 2-4 weeks is what they told me. Check, check and now I'm just in the waiting stage. We'll see when it gets here.

7. chaos24_7

chaos24_7 New Member

sooo, can out of state people, like myself that travel to washington open carry? although i should just go get the license for up there...the cop shop is never open when i go to vancouver.

8. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

I don't know why you would doubt the veracity of this claim...