Wash and Wax Brand new paint?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Nismotic, May 12, 2005.

1. Nismotic

Nismotic Swat came into my house...disrespected my family..

Got a brand new paint job on the ride, but not sure how to detail it. It was painted Superblack (KH3) and need tips to detail the paint without hurting it. I believe it Have to let it cure for a while, but whats the best thing to do after that?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Hand wash it for the first couple of weeks only, no high pressure washing. You can polish the paint if you want, Meguiars #5 is very good for that. I'd regularly use a quick detail spray to give the paint some protection until the body shop says it is okay to wax.

3. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

As Scott was saying, wash vary gently with good lubricating car soap like Meguiar's gold class car soap /w fine lambs wool wash mitt and or QD /w a MF towel (don't use to much of it). Just remember "gently" clean. Clean any contaminates off ASAP sample; bird droppings, bug spatter, small bug shit, it will etch

After the paint is fully cured your choice ether wax or sealer, sealer has more protection last longer, wax looks better. Or both, wax on top of a sealer, but just remember you can put a wax over a sealer but you can't put a sealer over wax. Void any sealers or waxes that has cleaners inside at this time sense its new fully cured paint or will be.

Also remember that cured new paint will flex so you want something that will flex with your paint, Zaino is elastic. Wax over time will evaporate off just don't put on real thick at this time.

Sealer; Zaino Z3 because its elastic, <-|-> Wax; Pinnacle Souveran Wax (goes on thin and has no fillers)

Black paint shade is good, protection is a most