Was this intervention ok?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mugen92GS-R, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

Back story:

My GF has a best friend who's a guy. They dated ~4 years ago for about a year... anyways, I'm not worried about her cheating on me. Thats not the topic. Me, my best friend Eric, my GF and her best friend were all out to eat a few weeks ago. The topic of gas prices came up (I'm a graduate student in economics) and my GF's best friend ("Joe" from here out) basically said some incorrect things, and I corrected him. We were having a debate, and thats what happens in debates. I didn't say it harsh, I didn't rub it in his face... Thats that... right?

Apparently he feels like I was being an asshole, and now whenever he hangs out with her, he basically tells her not to bring me along. I don't care if these two hang out without me, but the feeling like she has to choose is really making a stressful situation for my SO. So after 2 weeks of this, I sent this text to 'Joe' earlier:

"Hey man, if you're gonna continue being (my SO's) best friend, and I'm going to keep being her boyfriend, we're going to have to work whatever this is, out. Otherwise, we're just creating a mound of stress for her, and being selfish in the process. I don't care if you two hang out without me, but don't MAKE her choose."

I don't see anything wrong with this, but I MIGHT see how someone would say this is taking action without being asked to. Thoughts? Was I the responsible one here, like I think I was?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. AtheistUnicycle

AtheistUnicycle hey baby let me heuristically estimate your pussy

I think you did the right thing. The problem isn't between you and your GF, it's between you and Joe.

3. fray

fray New Member

are you female?

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

what makes you think the poster is a lesbian?

ibmencan'tbecivilized

5. fray

fray New Member

just wondered

6. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

:rofl: My bad.

Oh well. I tried to resolve it. He just replied "Choose what? I just think you're a douche and a bro."

Really don't know where to go from here :rofl:

7. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

That's a shitty situation man.

What is your girlfriend's take on things? It sounds like she thinks you're important or she wouldn't be telling you all the things that he is saying.

Try calling him up and having a civil discussion with him? Just explain to him you enjoy a friendly debate every now and then but weren't trying to make him feel like an idiot or anything.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

you've done all you can.

9. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

I really think the same. Other than maybe trying once more on the phone or even in person to resolve things... but I'm not one to let someone call me a douche so openly without getting a little flustered.

I just hope this doesn't boil down to a situation where he tries to get WAY too much in our business.

10. JohnJohnJohnson

:eek3:

11. fray

fray New Member

I almost feel like if you try too much, it's going to make it into a bigger deal than it is. He's going to see you putting effort into it, and assume that you must've meant to be offensive if you're trying to hard to correct it or assume that he is more important to your gf than he is (i.e., you're trying to fix things with him so that you're not on the outs with your gf).. something along those lines.

12. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

Yeah, I'm not going to try to make things better with him. I'll talk to my GF in a little bit and let her know whats up I guess... shitty.

13. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

What a little crybaby faggot.

14. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

IMO, I think he still likes her. We know he's horrible at telling girls how he feels, and he's never liked ANY of her other boyfriends... why else would he be throwing a fit? He thinks he'd be better for her than me. I told her this is what I think and she said maybe, but she doesn't think so. Obviously she wouldn't... all girls who have best guy friends refuse to believe that they're only their FRIEND because they want to be with them.

15. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Trust your girlfriend to do the right thing.

You've done all you can. Now all you can do is sit back and let her see what a shithead this guy is.

16. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Wow, what a little bitch.

People get corrected all the time... especially with something as touchy as politics and economics. Often both of those thing tie into deep personal beliefs so people get offended you correct/question their statements.

He needs to grow up and be a man. And if he's forcing your g/f to "choose" he's not a very good friend to her. Hopefully she sees that.

17. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

Not always the case, but yeah, more often than not.

18. Timer

Timer Guest

Joe sounds like a douche. You sound like an ass for arguing.

19. idesofmarch

idesofmarch New Member

He sounds like a dbag but in that situation I probably would have just texted him and apologized for "being a dick to him". Normally I wouldn't let someone walk all over me like that but in this case it's probably going to net the best results.

20. justinruns

justinruns New Member

Poop on her chest. Then tell the other guy to go home... I do it all the time.

21. Vysion

Vysion New Member

:werd:

He wants to have more than a platonic relationship with her just he's too much of a pussy to make a move so he's waiting for "his chance". If he's just friends with her then he needs to either get along with you or back off from another man's girl. Girls are just too blind to see the real motives in their guy friends.

22. JohnJohnJohnson

Because correcting someone = attacking them.

Awesome communication ethics you've got there.

23. Timer

Timer Guest

Who was this directed to?

All I'm saying is that just let the tool speak, who cares.

24. ASoT

ASoT New Member

If it was my girlfriend, I'd make her choose. There's no reason your girlfriend should be hanging out with a dude who will jump at any chance to talk you down. Your girlfriend should have enough brains to not be cool with that.

25. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

Sounds like Joe's going to create drama then move in for the kill