Was there a defining moment when you were over an ex?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Aww_Kittah_Aww, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Aww_Kittah_Aww

Aww_Kittah_Aww Active Member

This is kinda in relation to my other thread.

Does anyone remember a defining moment when they just said fuck it and were completely over their ex? Like meeting a new girl?

2. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

It's not something you wake up in the morning and realize, "Oh look, I no longer care about Jenna!".

And you'll never forget about an ex, or anyone for that matter.. it's moreso when you can come to terms with everything and accept that it's in your past. No single action or event is going to make it happen.. it just.. does.

3. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

nope, not at all.

it just sort of faded away until one day i realized it was gone.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Look, I feel for you. We've all been dumped before and it sucks. But just looking at your posting history you've posted like 5+ threads on this breakup within a month and I'm afraid you're going to start making 3+ threads a day in here about the same thing (*cough*Falconer*cough* :rofl:).

Breakups take time to get over.

Once you cut contact with her you have to rebuild your life on your own. Hang out with friends, meet new people, go out :mb: There might not ever be a "defining moment" where the sky opens up and you say "OMG, I'm over her!" Just push yourself and remind yourself it was your first real relationship, you are young, and that you'll meet many other women in your life.

5. Aww_Kittah_Aww

Aww_Kittah_Aww Active Member

Thanks for all the advice. After talking to her last night and seeing what it did to me today I'm really seeing that I can't just talk to her and not miss her. I thought we could talk like nothing ever happened.

I keep forgetting about why we broke up and I was happy when she broke it off with me. Just need to spend some time getting to know myself again.

Thanks OT :hs:

6. THoC

THoC New Member

i only had one defining moment w. an ex.

my ex wife, while we were arguing over money that needed to be split, said "you are stubborn. just like your dad. and just like your dad you'll probably die".

my dad had passed away less then 2 months prior to this statement from pnumonia. while he was here visiting from italy to see me and procrastinated going to the doctor.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You realize one day "hey, I haven't thought about so-and-so in like a week!"

8. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

:rofl:

Then they start rushing back :rofl:

9. MCohen

MCohen #NotMyPresident #AmericaIsAlreadyGreat #GoSolar OT Supporter

I have an uncanny ability to get over past gfs pretty quickly (no, it isn't because of the cheating thing :squint:).

Its useful, but not a good thing :hs:

10. Abomb

Abomb New Member

yeah about the same time abomb junior had firmly planted himself deep inside a new vag cave

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

It was like 11 months outside of my separation from my ex-wife, and my daughter cut her finger on a can of green beans and had to get stitches. We drove to the hospital together and it was the first civil conversation we'd had since the separation. And for the first time, I realized that I really just wanted her to forgive me and be happy without me.

But only recently have I let go completely (within this year) and that was a little over 2 years after the separation.

My point? There is no defining moment. There are little plateaus you reach in the healing process and each one edges you a bit closer to being over it.

12. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

I have no answer for this question.

But came in here to say that those fleeting moments you think about her and say "Damn, I miss her"...sucks, and I know what you are going through.

That is all.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

holy shit.

14. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

I feel your pain.

The best medicine is time and being away from her. I was/still hung up on my ex and over the summer I had the opportunity to travel for 2 months. It was great. I got away from her. Rarely thought about her, and towards the end of the trip I was sure I was over her. Come back home and I have no choice but to hang around her again because we have the same circle of friends. Now I feel like I'm right back at square 1 :hs:

also what viper said:
    I think this is an important aspect. stop being selfish and only concerned about yourself. this helps A LOT.

15. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Actually yes. My first girlfriend. I was heartbroken. A few days after I was talking with a friend and realized how she treated me like crap. Right then I was actually over her. I realized I hated how she treated me and how I had to do everything in the relationship and I was done with that.

16. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

Yes, when I found out she got genital herpes from the new guy she was dating.

17. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

Being single is great for personal finances.

Start picking up hobbies you were always into, make new friends, improve old friendships, flirt with a new girl (but don't rebound with her), enjoy life.

You have to make the effort though. Just stop torturing yourself. Making threads about your breakup counts as torturing yourself, as does talking about it constantly with your friends. It's the same as picking a scab: just let it go man.

Defining moment for me was when I slept with a new girl for the 10th time and I realized she was hotter and funner than the ex. She was the 3rd meaningless relationship i had in the year since my "bad" breakup, distance killed the connection we had.

18. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

:bowrofl:

19. NightyNight

NightyNight OT Supporter

It's the next girl, always.

20. Zee916

Zee916 Engineering the world.......

Agreed.

21. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Is Jenna your ex?

22. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

But that should never be used as an excuse to find another relationship as soon as possible.

23. NightyNight

NightyNight OT Supporter

it isn't, seems for me there is normally a void period of 2-3 months, which sucks. but as far as thinking about her daily, or constantly wondering what she's up to, normally that stops when i become involved with another..

24. JBunni

JBunni New Member

I did. We never 'broke up', we just couldnt see eachother, (long complicated story), and I didnt see him in 3 years. Eventually I met him by chance and we decided to have lunch. And when we did, it was like we had NOTHING in common anymore. And I knew I was completely over him. It was such a wonderfull feeling to feel free from 'missing him' everyday.

25. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

To be honest with you there was... There was some point I told myself I could not ride a horse with one foot on the ground, and decided its time to move on, from that day onward I was over her, this is my first love...

My recent ex is the hardest to get over, only because she's such a strange creature from my perspective. She won't talk to me, even so much as tell me how she's doing even 7-8 months after the breakup, because she needs "space" lol.... Of course she's an introvert and very pride driven so.