GUN Was sent a couple of books V. One book was pretty fucking awesome *PICS*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ghostrider4450, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

So my Aunt is the classic eccentric aunt who has that back yard full of old parts (anything you can imagine, she lives in Columbia, SC), a severely dilapidated Willis jeep, a school bus ec. and has always sent me so many interesting things over the years. Family heirlooms, pieces of history that I would have never expected to see, especially from a I get a package out of the blue late last week from her with two books in it. Picks:

I was in a pretty big hurry to go out to a commercial shoot, so I just thumbed through the "Surviving the Collapse" book. Interesting stuff. Didn't seem like a tinfoil hat doomsday, prediction book. More like a: "hey if the SHTF, could you handle it... or will you be a pussy and roll over to die?" Cool, but I gotta gtfo and get to work.

First book:
    [​IMG]
    INteresting......

[​IMG]
    (Sorry for the blurry pic, im working with an old ass 5Mp Sony Cyber-Shot w/ diff filters & macro lens for the closeups...I work with what I gots :hs:)

So after returning home from the shoot, I went ahead and opened the rest of the package contents, and the other book seemed odd, and looked old as fuck. It was canvas and leather bound, with a broken leather strap on the side. I was like: "Huh, what kind of book is bound/strapped like that?" :dunno:

Second book:
    [​IMG]
    Hmm, cool. A limited edition book. Okay, thats neat.

[​IMG]
    Wow, LE book that has 1836-1960 inscribed on the spine? WTF is this THING?

[​IMG]
    Ohhh, snap... I guess its an old ass Limited Edition book by Colt? Did I miss something on cool books about Colt Mfg? I guess so...

[​IMG]
    HOLY SHIT, this was the LAST thing I was expecting to find within this musty and dusy tome from the distant past... :eek4:

[​IMG]
    Wow, this Derringer is really legit. I mean I had NO idea there was a secret compartment in this thing. The books "pages" look legit, the cover looks legit. It didnt occur to me that this was a book concealment case for a derringer. :cool:

[​IMG]
    It only had 8 live rounds with it (have no clue how old they are. But they look OLD) Plus a 50 round box of Winchester blanks. Not sure what the blanks were all about, but hey ...they probably would do just about as much damage as the life round would. :mamoru:

Anyways, at the bottom of the box there was a note about its history and how she knew that I would take care of it better than anyone else in the family. She said she had a .410 single break barrel shotgun that her great grandfather used to hunt small game. She has a Kentucky rifle that has been in an airtight lockbox, along with a couple of black power, barrel loading percussion cap revolvers with hexagonal barrels. So it looks like A LOT of family history will be in my hands here by winter.

:x:

I plan on taking every precaution to keep each and every gun preserved as best I can. I want my grandchildren to be able to have these family heirloom firearms when its their time. :)

:wavey:

2. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

That's pretty sweet :cool:

3. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

4. Ghostrider4450

I thought it was pretty neat. :fawk:

5. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

That's pretty cool. Not there is a big chance of her getting caught, but her just "sending" you a gun is probably illegal. There are plenty of laws relating to the transfer of firearms (what requires FFL and what can be done FTF) and laws relating to shipping them (and company polices as well.) I personally would make sure those rules, laws and policies were followed for the other firearms.

Still cool gun and its always great to have guns with a family history to them.

6. Ghostrider4450

Like I said, she is my crazy aunt. She knew it before sending it. Im glad she wants to keep these heirlooms in the family. Its so easy for stuff like that to get pawned off or lost over time.

7. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I agree I got a few family guns myself (I'm in the process of bringing one back into service at the moment) and its great to own guns that have a history to them and a close tie to you.

If I were you the other guns I would attempt to properly, if you need to drive over to see her and pick them up yourself (FTF in the same state ect) or if she needs to ship them via a private carrier such as UPS to an FFL near you (can't sent them USPS for the most part)

Like I said though the vast majority of the time you can send the firearm without anyone knowing and without anything happening, so you can always do it and risk it and probably not get caught. Its up to you.

Still its a pretty little gun. Let us know how it fires.

Oh and show us pics of the rest when you get them.

8. Ghostrider4450

Will do. The colt is in great shape. Before I fire it, I'm going to dissasemble it and inspect every part (not that there are that many) to make sure its gtg.

9. 993kgt

993kgt building an airplane whee

i've read that book, i loved it...great stuff in there, highly recommend it and its a quick read

10. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Just finished it tonight as well. Awesome book. :eek3: