A&P Was at the park C+C

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Astro, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

I'll start out with a beaver pic

70-300mm lens used:
    [​IMG]

The rest of these were with a 50mm lens:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The "velvet" look is ok, and I know mechanically why it came out the way it did (not enough light to take a faster shot). I take it to freeze the water, I need to get a pretty strong flash involved, right? This was a heavily wooded area with this shot being entirely in the shade.

The bat isn't in focus, I know, but figure it was cool there were bats out:
    [​IMG]

2. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

I love how the reflection in the water on the first picture looks like brush strokes

3. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

1. I wish the beaver was higher up in the water, or if you had that same picture from a different angle, showing the front of his face, and not the back of his head. It also looks a little under exposed

2. deer in the headlights, subject centered, out of focus, focus on her eyes next time, not the rail in front of her

3. Looks like you just looked down and went "oh sweet", Snap. get lower to the ground, compose the shot so the main flow goes from one side to the other, something other than straight down the middle.

4. I thought it was a bird

4. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

1 - reflection of the water is cool but other than that no pop or anything
    2 - :eek: look, centered subject, snapshot
    3 - boring and that little green bush in the lower left is distracting
    4 - delete this :o

5. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

When I took this, I aimed at her eyes, focus locked (half pressed the shutter button), re-centered, and shot. Looking at the larger edition, I'm wondering if the camera wiggled (looking at the hands, there's some halo around the fingers, unless I'm seeing things).

I felt this was more of a snap shot (her face is getting some shadow). The eyes any better in this one?
    [​IMG]

For pic 1, I liked the first one I posted over a couple others. I think this one comes a little closer to what you are asking for, although it is still in vertically centered (this critter was swimming through a channel of green stuff and I didn't like it being in the foreground):
    [​IMG]

6. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

We are probably 20 feet up on a wooden platform. I agree a change in altitude would have helped here. Without changing altitude, would a more left-to-right shot have been better?

7. DeepRun™

DeepRun™ Guest

:rofl:

When the thread loaded the 1st image hadn't loaded and 2nd was 1/2 finished and I was starting to get worried about the "beaver" comment.

They look like decent shots. WB seems too cool.