War

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Conundrum, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Conundrum

Conundrum New Member

The other night I rented "War" with Jason Statham and Jet Li. Anybody else seen it? I thought it was a good movie, especially that twist at the end... I was a little disappointed though, I was hoping to see a lot more fight scenes between Statham and Li (a la "The Transporter"). Anyone agree?

2. projectalpha

projectalpha 二號 Stunna

It was a decent flick. I liked the ninjas.

3. Conundrum

Conundrum New Member

it was a little hard to keep track of who was killing who, also, three different groups of japanese killing each other... couldnt tell them apart

4. Dethfat

Dethfat New Member

i thought the movie was horrible :dunno: boring to watch, it dragged like no other. maybe its because jet li is a fucking horrible actor, hence the first half of the movie he had no dialog.

5. Conundrum

Conundrum New Member

i've watched a few of his other movies as well... you're probably right, he's not a great actor, but i think he's just not a very likable person... even when he's playing the main character who you're supposed to relate to (protagonist?) you just dont want to root for him...

6. antiabercrombie

antiabercrombie fuk u lemonardo OT Supporter

Just watched it and thought it was alright. From the previews, it looked like the 2 main characters would fight more.

7. Muffin Man

Muffin Man New Member

Honeslty like honestly Jet Li is truly awesome as a mother fucking badass bad guy. Unfortunately that twist at the end ruined it (especially cause it made Statham look like a pussy) ruined the whole movie for me. Jet Li as a ruthless assassin shoulda been the entire main focus of the movie.

8. antiabercrombie

Yeah, that's the way I felt about it too. I'm all about twists if it adds something to the story, but that just demolished the whole plot for me.

Also, did anyone else think the fighting scenes were too close up? It seemed like every non-gun fight was just a close up of arms and legs and it was hard to tell exactly what was happening.

9. showtime2k4

showtime2k4 New Member

i liked the twist ending, but it just hammered home the stero-type that Jet does not play bad guys. sure he's done a few, but i think lethal weapon XII was his last turn as a villian

10. Conundrum

Conundrum New Member

i agree, jason statham is better as a good-guy, although he was pretty good in Cellular as a bad guy.

i also agree about the fight scene shots... i hate the way all action movies nowadays get in and film too close to the action, and then they edit together about 50 shots and pack them into about 10 seconds, so you cant hardly make anything out because it all goes too fast.

11. antiabercrombie

I miss the action shots like in the old Jean-Claude Van Damme movies where he would go up for his signature spinning-splits kick and the camera would actually pull back and let you see what was happening. Then they would replay it over and over in slo-mo.

Might be a crappy example, but I miss stuff like that. Those Tony Jaa movies are really good about action scenes, though.

12. Isamu

Isamu New Member

lol... it was chinese versus japanese.. :rofl::rofl:

anyway, i liked the movie for what is was worth.. and Jet Li had some decent fight scenes.. like the sword fight with the Yakuza boss.. :bowdown: