War of the Worlds

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Jam_Master_J, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

Just got back from this movie and I sure am glad I went! The movie was full of suspense, frightening scenes, and comic relief. Go see this movie. The plot/story line was a little vauge but fuck it, Steven Speilberg dosent need plot.

2. Beesgirl

Beesgirl Happy

I thought it was pretty entertaining but the story line was a little vague. What was all that red viney crap that was growing? I never read the book...

3. FadedCamo

FadedCamo New Member

The aliens are changing the planet for their own. The red growth symbolizes them moving in.

4. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

i thought this movie kicked ass... until about 30 seconds till the end.

the ending is weak. i guess it was more about the man finding himself as a father and appreciating his family, rather than about the Earth fighting off aliens.

5. Dr. Cool

Dr. Cool PHD in AWESOME

the ending seemed like spielberg threw it in to make it a happy hollywood movie. It was so odd that every city was destroyed except philly, particularly the street where his wife's mother lived. Also, who would stay in their home while the entire city is fleeing for life. Robby shoulda been alien food as well.

6. xswe

xswe Guest

Its nice to know I'm not the only one who thought this movies ending totally sucked. Other than the ending and Robbie living when he should have been incinerated, the movie was fairly good. I have the book somewhere but i have not as yet read it.

7. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

I just watched this movie last night and I thought it was good. The action never seemed to stop which I liked. And I disagree with everyone else I liked the ending. The whole movie was non-stop action so it was nice to have a little compassion at the end.

8. Fields

Fields New Member

does the red weed have something to do with human blood, because they made a point that the stinger-type tentacles coming out of the tripods would impale someone, then a red liquid would go through the tentacle to the 'base' of the tripod

9. Coffee Meat

Coffee Meat Guest

I am excited to see this movie, I've heard nothing but good reviews about it. When I get back to the theatre, I'm sure I'll have a million things to complain about it. (I'll edit this post later with my complaints.)

10. makavelimx

makavelimx Guest

dude idont get the storyline

*help* explain what happened at the end cuz all i saw was tom cruise throwing in a grenade into ONE alien tripod and then the whole alien species died

11. Eticket109

Eticket109 Nibbles, chew through my ball sack. Moderator

ok... the ending... they got sick to put it simply... basically the air had shitloads of microorganisms that they didnt count on that killed them

the grenade scene had nothing to do with the resolution of the movie.

My issue was the continuity... after an EMP cell phones won't work but a video camera will?

They planted the machines before humans really ran wild on the planet... but the weapons were specifically designed to destroy humans?

Meh... I'd give it a 6 out of 10... it was enjoyable but not a great film.

12. {WBK}Blood_Lust

{WBK}Blood_Lust New Member

just another chessy remake

i wonder,,,,,,will hollywood make a big budget movie that's actually original some time in the next 10 years..........ah, heck with it, not when you can just keep making war of the worlds, dawn of the dead, dukes of hazard, star wars 1,2,3 lord of the rings 1,2,3 matrix 1,2,3

how bout a movie with some plot,,,,,,i liked matrix and lotr etc don't get me wrong, but how bout some plot and dialog and a meaning of some kind, yes there are some movies that fit that description but i mean from the Big studios with Big budgets..........ah hell i'm just dreaming i guess, i guess i could always go rent dreamcatcher 1 of the 100 movies based off of Kings crap books!!!!

i'm just rambling now,,,,never mind, i just need a nap.

13. lionsgraphics

lionsgraphics OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl:

14. makavelimx

makavelimx Guest

How can you not get the ending? Do you need it big block letters, "The germs did it"? whydoyouwanttoknow vbmenu_register("postmenu_38450977", true);

Dick, your the kind of bustas that die each day. glad U ain't in the united states, u'd prolly get banned from here anyways

15. Who Mike D

Who Mike D Local Hustler

:ugh::rofl::nono:

16. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i doubt i'll see this...i heard it was like a high buget Plan 9.

there was very little character development, terrible continuity errors, no plot, convenient escapes from an all powerful alien technology and a kid who had to have been Jesus himself to resurrect and return at the end of the flick after being destroyed by three ships with death rays along with 30+ exploding army trucks in his face...

glad some of you liked it though. :hs:

17. B_RowL

B_RowL OT Supporter

What ending? The movie had no ending what so ever, they simply just quit. This "ending" in my opinion ruined the entire movie. It was pretty good until this point though.

18. BrettRT

BrettRT New Member

People need to realize that THIS WAS FROM A BOOK. It's not like Spielberg just read the back of the book and went hog wild with it.