Wanting to build a pro-street car

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 4bangin, Jan 19, 2004.

1. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Are there any good forums that deal with old muscle cars, building motors, drag racing, nhra or anything along these lines? I am wanting to do a 37 chevy sedan (fg body) and maybe a 502. My dad has restored a good bit of old Chevys, so he has a good idea on everything. I just want to read up on some other things, mostly about the motor. IE: What would be the best internals for boost. How can I get the most potential out of the motor. Maybe a site with reviews on differant parts. Does anyone know of any sites like this?

2. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

Why dont you go to a local speed shop (a real motor building shop, not some gay parts store), tell them what your goals are and let them toss some ideas your way. They probaly have built tons of cars and know a few combinations that perform well.

3. AcidAngel_5.0

AcidAngel_5.0 Pure 0wnage

well your in luck... just gimme an email of what kinda money you wanna spend and ill see what i can come up with.. i live in lawrenceville and a buddy of mine is currently building a 76 camaro (388ci. estimating around 500/500 all engine) and he is all chevy and is gradually building the car so it can become pro-street.. he is a mill worker and can custom make anything that is needed