Wanting to be the best?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I wasn't sure what to call this thread.

Anyway, I want the Vag's opinion on whether this is normal or crazy.

When you are with someone in a serious relationship, how important is it to you that you are better your SO's exes?

In other words, how comfortable would you be in an LTR if your SO thought that a previous bf/gf was better than you in bed, better at sex, or better looking, etc.?

I would feel uncomfortable and be worried that eventually my SO would get bored because I am not living up to what they enjoy.

Hope I explained this well.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I think initially I'm pretty competitive, but after we've been together a good amount of time I get over it completely. They wouldn't be with me if I wasn't as great :dunno:

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Maybe once they dated someone completely out of their league. Eventually, that person realized it and left. Now the person is dating you because you're the best they can realistically get :dunno:

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yeah, too much analyzing.

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

She damn well better think I'm better than her exs. I know I am and if she doesn't agree, I'm not gonna bother to stick around.

That said, I don't strive to be something I'm not. If the ex is stronger than me or faster than me or knew more about cars than me, I don't give a fuck. If my girl thought he was smarter, funnier, prettier, etc. I wouldn't like it though.

6. THoC

THoC New Member

this may come across as cocky.... promise its not meant to.

i mostly go into a relationship not worried about that at all. im in no way the best looking guy, not the smartest, not the funniest.... ok well, im pretty damn funny i think.
    what im getting at is that i dont think i stand out w. anything in particular... however im well off in most categories that girls look for.

i guess you could say i dont exceed in anything but do not lack in anything either.

going into a relastionship thinking you are less then another is a bad way to start. builds too much insecurity that even if you dont want will come through.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

this

8. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Only insecure guys think this way.

9. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

:werd: I don't worry about whether the girl thinks my dick is bigger than her ex's or if she thinks he's better in bed. Whether we're sexually compatable or not has nothing to do with the ex. If she's fixated on the ex, that's her problem and will probably be obvious in other areas of the relationship as well. Don't ever put up with that shit.

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Life is way to short to put any thought into this kind of shit. She's with you, not them. There is a reason this is the script for so many sitcoms.

What are you going to do when she befriends some guy at work that makes more then you, is funnier then you, better looking then you, and has bigger muscles then you?

11. D7

D7 OT Supporter

Not very / don't care

12. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

They are not gonna tell you if they think their exes were better. Saying it is foolish.

13. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

I am always the best boyfriend they've ever had, and ever will have.

No exceptions. I am better in bed, have a better pedigree, more knowledgeable in manly things, stronger, smarter, handsomer, and more successful than all my previous GF's boyfriends. And i believe it 100%.

If you have to compare yourself to turds (her exes) then you're lowering yourself to their level.

14. Deborah

:ugh:

15. Deborah

I think it is stupid to think you can be better than your SO's exes in all aspects. Even when it comes to sex I feel my ex was better in some stuff while my current is better in some other. I don't really care or think about it too much and obviously never gonna tell him. But overall he is much better, this is why I am with him now!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  16. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

:hsugh:

17. JoJoBee

JoJoBee Hanging out with my chicks! OT Supporter

It really doesn't bug me at all. It would only bug me if they constantly talked about their ex and their "qualities" but that would eventually die off, I am sure. If they are with me, they are with me for a reason...

18. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I'd rather be the worst and show her how good I am at tricking her into staying with me

19. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

Normally I wouldn't care.

I'm not going to attempt to be someone I am not, just to impress someone. No thx.

20. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

pretty much echoing what others have already said. i'm somewhat competitive, but i know what i bring to the table. what i bring, i feel is more than enough to make most women happy. if it's not good enough for her, so be it, she can find someone else and i'll do the same. however, if she's been with me for a while, i don't even think about how i compare to her exes.

then again, i will add that success breeds confidence. the women i've been with in my life have felt i was the best and even if things didn't work out, they were better people for being with me. i don't say this to toot my own horn, but it's easy to not worry about exes when the girls you're with tell you this type of stuff.

21. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i would recommend making more, getting a tan, a haircut, and developing bigger muscles :mamoru:

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That's what I'm talking about.

My last two exes have told me I'm the best lover they've ever been with (could be lying). My most recent ex would always tell me how hot I am, how hot our sex was, how much she loved me, how I was the best kisser, etc. etc.

I had the same feelings about her. I think that's part of the reason I was (am) still so emo about our break up. Now I'm having some one-itis that it will be very hard to find that same type of mutual situation again.

She'd always tell me how lucky she thought she was to be with me.

I'm so jaded right now. Is that type of stuff normal? I feel like most people are bored/settle in their relationships. I'd never met someone who was so in love with me as my recent ex was. But it wasn't the attention that I liked about it, it was the fact that it was mutual.

I keep having the "I'll never have a relationship this good again" thoughts. I meet women and I'm continually disappointed.

Maybe my recent ex was "normal" and all the other women I've dated have been bitches.

She was so compassionate and giving, always trying to make sure I was happy. Never selfish. And I always tried to do the same for her, not cuz I was supplicating, but because I wanted her to be happy. Making her happy made me happy.

So many women are nagging bitches. So many women have quick tempers and are hostile. So many guys hate their gfs. I felt like I had a real keeper.

Fuck, I still wish I knew the real reason behind why we broke up.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  23. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I don't really care.

24. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I worry more about whether she is better than MY exes.

25. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

doesn't matter to me, i'll still drink the kool-aid.

that's how you feel now. i've dated some amazing women and had some great relationships. yet, when everything is said and done, i've never felt like one of them was "the one i let go" or the one that i can never do better than.

you're gonna go through a whole rollercoaster of emotions, just ride it out and make sure you come through standing tall in the end.