COMIC Wanted

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by CabbieNamedAxel, Dec 9, 2008.

1. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

So I watched the movie tonight. Just to make sure I wasn't imagining it, I re-read the comic right after.

HOW THE FUCK DID THAT AWESOME FUCKING COMIC BECOME THAT SHIT STORM OF A MOVIE?

2. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

:dunno:

i enjoyed it. our problem is we want them to make it exactly like the comic and in most cases...they cant or dont think itll sell.

as for an action movie, it was great in that respect.

3. GreyRS

GreyRS Your ignorance cramps my conversation.

Fine movie - WRONG title

4. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

crap movie, millar should choke for letting this happen

5. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

I guess the movie wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't pretend that they based it off the comic book. Watching behind the scenes shit, the director is talking about how he would pull out the comic book for inspiration when they couldnt figure out a good line for someone, but he never read it.

6. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

all that curving the bullet bullshit ruined it

7. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Mark Millar helped decide that a movie about old superheroes and villains, where the 'hero' raped and killed, and then in the end, became the top villain wouldn't really work too well.

But it did capture the spirit of the book. I liked both the book and the movie, for separate reasons.

8. GreyRS

GreyRS Your ignorance cramps my conversation.

If it worked in the comics, it could have worked on screen. Comics have been a lot more sophisticated lately and can translate well on to screen while staying true. If the people involved with the movie feel that it can't, then maybe they should not make the movie. Or, maybe they just aren't good enough to.

That movie in no way what-so-ever captured the spirit of the comic. It was barely a shell of the basic outline of it. Of course, this is just my opinion. Again, I enjoyed the movie somewhat, but it should have never been called Wanted. To many changes to the fundamental story to call it that. I bet if you took someone who watched the movie and gave them the graphic novel, with the title removed, they would not even notice it was supposed to be the same story unless they happen to notice three of the characters have the same names.

9. void

void oh yeah?

I can understand how a direct comic -> movie conversion would have been impossible for a big budget action flick, but come the fuck on. the whole deal with his father should have been like the comic, him joining the fraternity to make something of his life instead of the little spineless weasel he was.

i could have even lived with the whole fate fabric junk. it really was a great action movie, but it could have been much better.