MIL Wanted to join the Air Force but...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MikeMarx, Dec 4, 2007.

1. MikeMarx

MikeMarx Guest

I wanted to join the Air Force as a linguistic cryptologist, I figured since my parents are of Iraqi decent and the fact that I'm catholic and not muslim and that I understand Iraqi Arabic fluently, and speak it semi-fluently that my language skills with some additional training could be an asset for the current war. And it would've, but the problem is my past. I have a criminal record for a misdeameanor of a OUICS(I was on heroin and passed out, and the car crashed). They directed me to the army but I'm straight. What do you guys think? And the fact that I have a history of depression and anxiety since I was like 10 years old doesn't help.

2. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

whats that av all about and marx in the username.....?

3. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

It doesn't hurt to go through the enlistment process. Noone here will be able to give you any definitive answers on your situation. Also just because you have an arabic background doesn't mean you will be gauranteed an Arabic AFSC either.

4. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

This is true, but he could still qualify for extra pay each month just by testing for Arabic.

5. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

you can do the same job in the army im sure. I think its a 1000 extra a month for that language now too

AF dosent deal with that crap

6. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

they have that mos in the corp. which you could probably get into but i mean its all on how bad your anxiety is

7. Kazzander

Kazzander I only got this for the search.

Former Marine Corps recruiter checking in....

What medications (if any) were you taking for your depression, and if so, how long were you on them and when is the last time you took them?

If you don't feel comfortable posting your answers here, PM. I can actually give you a fairly definitive answer.

8. MikeMarx

MikeMarx Guest

It's been about a year and half since I've been on anything, and I was on Effexor for 6 months from Jan 06- Jun 06, and before that Zoloft and Celexa from Sep 04-Jan 05. BTw, what about the drug use and former record. Plus, I'm 5'9 130, unathletic.

9. MikeMarx

MikeMarx Guest

The AV is cuz no matter what you think of Hamas, you gotta admit there bad ass. I'm DEFITNALLY a supporter of Abbas considering the Palestinian Christians back him. And Marx :dunno: I'm for military but I'm against corporations. (Just like you guys should be against Blackwater but for the Armed Forces)

10. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

wow you would do real well in the Military, I'm gonna put that recruiter up for an achievment medal for turning you away

11. MikeMarx

MikeMarx Guest

Probably :o, but I'm good at keeping my mouth shut and following directions.

12. Kazzander

Typically, the doc at MEPS wants to see someone that's been off the meds for at least two years. Since the Air Force won't have anything to do with you, we'll assume that Army or Marines would be your choice (but don't forget about the Navy). A medical waiver package for the Army and the Marines are almost identical, and require almost all the same information -- a ton of it. You can get yourself started by getting a copy of all your medical records; every single page, and don't forget the backs! Get a copy of your high school transcripts, and get some people that are non-relatives and non-clergy (pastors, preachers, etc.) to write you some letters of reference. Be sure to pick only people that can say great things about you and make you look like Mr. Rogers, Mother Teresa, and Ghandi all rolled into one.

For the Marine Corps, make your first contact with the recruiter on the 14th of the month; if they can write a couple of waivers for you, I promise it won't happen until the last day of the month (Gotta make quota by the last day of the month, and that's when the "floodgates" open -- "Bring me your felons, your broken, your ASVAB failures...) I don't know when the Army's last recruiting day of the month is, but they operate the same way. Your best chance at getting in, IF THEY CAN WAIVER IT AT ALL, is at the end of the business month and they still need to make their number.

The best you can do is give it a shot. Good luck to you!

13. Kazzander

I'm trying to figure out how I missed this post. Read the following carefully, because it's coming from someone who knows what he's talking about:

YOU ARE ALREADY A HARD-LUCK CASE WITH YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD AND MEDICAL RECORD. IF YOU WANT TO STAND ANY CHANCE OF GETTING AN ALREADY-DIFFICULT WAIVER PACKAGE APPROVED, YOU WILL DROP ANY SUPPORT OF HAMAS, ABBAS, AND MARX - SPOKEN, WRITTEN, AND THOUGHT - AND PRAY THAT NO ONE YOUR RECRUITER TALKS TO DROPS ANY KIND OF HINT IN EVEN A CASUAL CONVERSATION.

Let me put this another way -- If I were your recruiter, busted my ass to get a waiver package approved for you, got you all the way to the MEPS station, and the MEPS liason somehow got it out of you that you gave ANY kind of support to Hamas, you would be finding your own ride home.

You need to dig deep, find yourself, whatever -- and choose one or the other. I personally guarantee that you won't be able to have both.

14. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

what the mother fuck

no way in hell you are getting a clearance :ugh:

15. Jyokker

Nothing bad ass about killing civilians with suicide bombers.
    Not so much.

16. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

just stop trying now, save everbody the hassle...

17. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

Pretty much. The whole Hamas thing is going to butt fuck your clearance. Hopefully for you you're a closet supporter and have not made it known to a living soul. Oh wait, too late.

18. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

good luck haha i got in but it took the CO of my local base to sign off on me and that was the day i was going to boot ( iwas supposed to be a reservist they werent gonna let me go active til 2 years in)

19. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

If you somehow get in be sure to let the investigator that interviews you for the Office of Personnel Management's background investigation know all about this

It will get you promoted with benefits I heard.

20. SiegG

SiegG The real-life Dale Gribble

Against corporations eh? You think a mom and pop operation could come up with the capital and innovation necessary for those drugs you took for your condition or shit, even the car you drive? The computer you typed your shit on? No. That's the thing I hated about college....bunch of insulated fucks that thought they had philosophically reached their peak and knew the score in the world. Pampered by mommy and daddy, never had a job...some never had a cavity, didn't buy their own car or pay their own tuition, but they "commiserated" with their "oppressed breathren".

:rolleyes:

Go intern for CAIR or something...much better fit.

21. Jyokker

Most of them are on OT

22. dmcgill

dmcgill New Member

So we should be against an American corporation (which, primarily, is consisted of prior-military members) that operates mostly in a foreign, hostile land to provide safety to it's own people and innocent people of the local area.

Fuck you.

23. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

you should just stay out of the military...

far far far away!

24. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

see at first I was like

wtf

and then i was like

lol

25. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

didn't read the thread but I don't like your av